Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

12 Months & 15k In A 2005 997.1 C2S

Just in order to address the balance a bit, as a lot of the negative possibilities crop up a lot on here, I thought it might help perspective owners just give a summery of my ownership as it's just over 12 months since I bought my car and I've used it almost daily throughout that time, covering circa 15k miles, the car is now on 64k.

Maybe 2-3 weeks after buying the car, I hit a bump and it dislodged a PAS hose, pissing the fluid out and causing me to have to call recovery. The next morning the garage I use had fixed it by 10am and it was ready to collect, it cost me £40 to fix.

After about 4 months of ownership I had the car checked over fully and given an oil change as I'd covered 6k miles in it, the oil change was all it needed as everything else checked out AOK.

About 10 months into ownership I managed to hit another bump (I live in Cornwall, the roads aren't the best) and it broke the auto headlamp adjuster, I also started to notice a slight knocking on the NS front end. I left both for the MOT which was a couple of months away.

After 12 months the car was MOT'd, prior to the MOT the garage I use identified that the anti roll bar bushes needed to be replaced (what was causing the slight knocking), they fixed the headlamp adjuster, I had 2 new rear tyres fitted and a full service (all filters/plugs/oil etc) and including the MOT charge my bill was just over £1200.

So after 12 months and 15k, aside from the obvious few quid in Super Unleaded i've had to spend, 911 ownership has cost me roughly £1500, which when you consider the lack of depreciation compared to most other cars I think is pretty damn good!

They are fantastic cars and whilst I might sometimes prefer to be in my wifes Discovery in horrible conditions, all round they are great cars to appreciate daily! I get in it and use it like I would any other car, and it's responded really well to that. I didn't know whether I would regret buying a 911 for the mileage I do and cop out and swap it for an RS4 or something, but 12 months on and it's going nowhere, anything else looks so boring compared to the 911, you can't beat it!

EDIT - just to add, it's not needed the oil topping up once in my ownership, which from reading on here seems fairly uncommon?

Anyone else here use their 911 daily?

I have a 2006 C4S. Use mine daily, when in the UK. About 10,000 miles a year.

Engine out twice in the last 18 months, plus 5 grand on suspension.

Total cost of ownership has long since passed what I paid for it. Back to CG
for more fiddling this week.....

Sounds like a good motor.

There'll always be a niggle with an older car, but new cars aren't immune to crappy failures either: the a/c failed on my wife's car, in the summer.

I used my 997 every day for the first two years of my ownership, but now we're back from the Emirates, I split my driving between my two cars, so neither is a 'daily' (and I don't run a Range Rover to carry the children around or anything like that), but both my cars get driven regularly, get used all year round, and both get tracked - although the 997 is still closest to a road car.

About the only thing I don't do with the 997 is leave it at the airport when I'm away. Or teach my son to drive in it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jons123
Back