Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Tennessee in the 993. The end of the most amazing road trip.

tyinsky

aircooledbug_porsche993_roadtrip_USA_L1070282.jpg

aircooledbug_porsche993_roadtrip_USA_2586339.jpg

aircooledbug_porsche993_roadtrip_USA_L1070533-1024x683.jpg

aircooledbug_porsche993_roadtrip_USA_L1070316.jpg

aircooledbug_porsche993_roadtrip_USA_2586338.jpg

aircooledbug_porsche993_roadtrip_USA_L1070436.jpg

It's done. And what an incredible way to end it up in the Smokey Mountains of Tennessee, Georgia and the Carolinas, home of the Tail of the Dragon and so many great roads.

The 993 has been a fabulous companion across 20 States as we covered around 8,000 miles east, north, south and west. One mechanical problem that never even managed to halt our progress and an ineffective air con were our only gripes.

An experience I will never forget and something will I remember fondly in my final days as some of the best money spent.

Some of the things we have seen have been out of this world. I'd find it impossible to name a favourite place or moment. Hitting speeds I never thought my car would see en route to the Badlands, drinking at a bar Einstein sat at in a place I'd only ever heard mentioned on an Eagles track, driving the Sitgreaves Pass on Route 66, the Palms to Pines, seeing Salvation Mountain... that lot was only from the first half.

I said at start it would be a once in a lifetime event. Maybe it will, maybe it won't? I'm pretty sure given a half chance I'd take it.

:cigar:

https://aircooledbug.co.uk/tennessee-porsche-993-roadtrip/

:bow:

Deffo the highlight of the forum this year.

Many thanks for sharing the experience :thumb:

Words cannot describe. Thank you again for sharing :worship: .

road trip

Fantastic! What a wonderful trip. I have really enjoyed following the trip of half a lifetime :thumb:

Alex said:
:bow:

Deffo the highlight of the forum this year.

Yep, no contest.
Superbly documented journey, enjoyed by many.

:thumbs: Thank you Tynsky.

:thumb: But what are they feeding those bikers :eek:

Wow, almost an emotional end to the blog, what a dream, life is too short not to do these things, I am massively envious of the experience, thanks so much for sharing! I almost wish there was a YouTube video to follow this up, I don't want it to end!
You've got to bring the car to the Fairmile meet, complete with bugs!! (Just down the A3)

:worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship:

really enjoyable read.
did you have any problems with authorities on the road, not recognising the plates?
Also, would be interested to know eventually what was up with your aircon, I'm off round france in two weeks, and am hoping it will keep me cool! freshly re-gassed.

jhrfc said:
really enjoyable read.
did you have any problems with authorities on the road, not recognising the plates?
Also, would be interested to know eventually what was up with your aircon, I'm off round france in two weeks, and am hoping it will keep me cool! freshly re-gassed.

Sorry, I missed this.

No issues at all. Was stopped once for speeding and let off with a warning.

Aircon will be tackled over winter, hopefully not the bit behind the dash but I suspect it will be. Hope France was good. :thumbs:

I missed the ending of the trip but have just caught up. Ive been trying to convince my other half to do something like this, albeit on a smaller scale, and Im going to get her to read your blog as Im sure it will help for sure.

As said above what an epic journey, I love visiting the states for the contrasts it throw at you and the massive variety. Brilliant, well done for bringing it across so vividly.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SBSEA
Back