Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Coolant level

spooky

Monza
It's firmly at the minimum but what I have found online says not to top up unless a warning light comes on.

Is that right?

If I should top up then I presume a bit of distilled water is fine as I'm overseas with it and it's a Sunday.

You should top up to max. Distilled water is fine. :thumb:

Well that was interesting... Hardly any water was required to take it from minimum to just over midway. I'm starting to think that what I had read on forums about not bothering was about right

Minimum level means minimal level. Whoever says don't bother till your warning light comes on is a *****!

It is actually a small amount if just on the min lvl with this float system as you have found out .

The type with the float that goes upwards .. 981 are well known to stick .

with both of these then over filling is pretty easy .. i would prefer low rather than over filled .

As with all cars you get a warning message when the bottle is low .. that's still only approx 2 ltrs down out of 22 ish in the system .

deMort said:
It is actually a small amount if just on the min lvl with this float system as you have found out .

The type with the float that goes upwards .. 981 are well known to stick .

with both of these then over filling is pretty easy .. i would prefer low rather than over filled .

As will all cars you get a warning message when the bottle is low .. that's still only approx 2 ltrs down out of 22 ish in the system .

That would indicate that the system warning comes on at a safe level.

I put some in but left it below max.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spider69
Back