Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Retrofitting a Porsche Sports Exhaust 991.1

TonyC911

Barcelona
Anyone done this and know what's involved?

Sure someone will be along to corrct me but I thought Not Available for the 991.1 as a retrofit? :dont know:

I'm having the PSE fitted to my car at an OPC a week Tuesday.

Managed to get them down to £1950 all in (I'm also having MOT, 111 point check and 2 years warranty renewal).

I think the price is good considering the exhaust alone on design911 is over £1600 and you get the switch by the gear lever.

I'm now trying to find out if there is any value left in the exhaust coming off, car has only done 15k miles?

spongebob squarepants said:
Sure someone will be along to corrct me but I thought Not Available for the 991.1 as a retrofit? :dont know:

Yes available for 1950 :grin:

I have just managed to get hold of a used Porsche Sports Exhaust for my 991.1 C2S :D

Does anyone have any insights / experience of having the PSE switch fitted on a 2S?

As I understand it, the vacuum pipe is already in place and I expect the wiring to the vacuum changeover valve is also fitted.

I believe that I cannot buy the individual switch and need to buy a complete panel switch set? Anyone know the price?

After fitting the exhaust, is it just a case of installing the new switch panel and coding the system, or is additional wiring needed also?

Thanks in advance!

Just a quick update, in case anyone else is looking to do this now, or in the future.

I finally got the used system I bought fitted, which included the purchase of a new centre console control panel, so that I could have the switchable button!

After a little discussion, I finally took the car over to Autofarm near Bicester a few weeks ago and they did a very nice job. However, this was not a particularly cheap option. You will need to budget around £350 in parts (not including the exhaust) and then the labour. I was charged for a days labour.

I am very happy with the result and the car now sounds more aggressive, like it should! If you do decide to go down this route, I would speak to your local indy and ask if they have done this before and the likely cost (unless you can tackle it yourself). Otherwise, you might find a new system fitted by your OPC is not much more expensive and at a fixed price. You can find details of the new costs on the Porsche Tequipment website.

If anyone wants a replacement rear muffler or side mufflers for their 991.1 3.8, then please feel free to drop me a PM :thumb:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Autocraft1
Back