Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Thinking of Selling - 996 C4S Manual + Aero Kit

Winny911

Dear 911UK,

I really don't want to sell this car but it may be my only option. Only problem is I have no idea where to price it, so that's where I need your help.

Plus points: -
Good colour is Midnight Blue
Manual Gearbox
Hardback Seats in black leather
Aero Kit
Low temperature thermostat kit from Hartech
Lots of documentation including original purchase receipt
Full service history either Mid Sussex Porsche or Parr with receipts available
Proper servicing done too including the major 24, 48, 96K services with front diff service, plugs / coil packs done too.
Two owners (I'm the second)
Recent new key remote heads + Valet Key
Other recent work includes new front discs + pads and replacement drivers window motor

Modifications: -
Stainless exhaust (I think it's a Miltek)
Evolution Motorsport Induction kit with K&N filter (original air box goes with the car)
20mm wheel spacers (make wheels flush with arches)
OEM centre console storage (replaces original CD holder which will go with the car)
Quick shift kit (not sure what one)
Discreet mesh kit fitted to front air intakes

Parts to go with the car: -
New Stainless exhaust manifold
New Titanium Exhaust Studs (TDF from 911UK thread)

Bad points: -
Needs paint on front due scratching on splitter + stone chips on bonnet / wings
Manifold studs look corroded (hence new parts to go with the car)
Air con not working

Mileage is 120K which means it can be used without losing too much value so I see this as a plus point but others may debate this.

Obviously if I do progress and turn this into a for sale add I will get decent photos and spend a bit more time detailing all the service history etc.

So where would you price this at?

Thanks in advance
Winny.

What year Winny ? Huge spread of prices on C4s. OPC has one over £40k ! Lots of ropey examples, no wonder you can't price accurately.

Yours look like it would be a good buy for someone but with 120k miles they'd probably want it for about £15k.

I'd start at £16,999.

ps. I've moved your thread into the 996 sub-forum as it's not actually for sale yet.

Thanks for the advice guys

It's a 2003 registered December 2002 on a 53 plate. Currently on a private plate which I will remove before sale

Price wise I was hoping it would be worth a little more as that just seems too cheap for so much car although I have to accept it's only worth what the market will pay.

Oh this is going to be such a tough descision

Winny

...needs paint and has 120k on the clock...with a very slow and selective market...£15 ish k I would think...

It sounds like a nice clean, straight, C4S with good spec, discreet tasteful modifications and sensible upkeep. The aerokit will make it distinctive once on the market. The manifold bolts, stone chips and a/c won't be unusual on a car like this although you'd do well to get the a/c gassed and see if that fixes it.

I'd say it's worth at least £20,000 because of the aerokit to the right buyer, but it's a tough market for the 3.6 over 100k miles because of bore score worry. (Whether or not the two are related informed buyers will want to check). It's a tough market in general at the moment which will probably be your biggest problem.

Good luck if you do sell. Personally I'd advertise at £22k and take £20k.

I agree with previous responses of nearer £15k, given mileage and the fact it's a private sale and a couple of issues to resolve. Might be worth advertising at £16,995 ono

I have a similar one to you, having spent £7k these past 18 months, doubt I'd get more than £15k which hurts.

Good luck on whatever you decide.

...indeed; you will never get £20k or anywhere close...up on miles, needs paint and a market that is weak and one that is only going to get weaker.

Didn't a mint black Aero car sell recently with Fuchs wheels, fancy suspenders and 80 ish thousand miles for 20k?

I would look into having the issues sorted before sale to get maximum price.

Thanks for all the inputs I think for the moment I will keep it as it's worth more than the £15k to me. The situation may change but i will see how some of my other toys sell first

Winny

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SBSEA
Back