Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Sticky calliper piston

steve1

Nurburgring
Hi guys I have noticed that my near side calliper is grabing occasionally and suspect a sticky piston.
Days gone by I would just pop the Pistons clean and replace with some calliper grease, maybe change the seals as well, is this doable on these callipers or can I put some brake fluid behind the seals and exercise then.
Opinions appreciated.

Steve

I would do what you say, not a difficult job Just hope the bolts come out of the upright OK.

MC

Would you not do them in situe. Rather than chance them bolts stripping

If you have seen my other threads you will know I'm not one for taking the short route :floor: I would probably take the pair of calipers off the car, clean them, strip them and change seals, pistons changed as required. They need to be able to come off to change disks, so if there is going to be a problem might as well face it now.

MC

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biel
Back