Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

PS speedster 911 crash, flips on roof, driver survives !

Porsche News

via Halstead Fire Station

We were called 6th August 2019 at 11:51am to make a road and vehicle safe following a road traffic collision on the A131 at L.Mapplestead. On arrival at the scene the vehicle was on its roof blocking the road. The road was shut for some time but now re-opened.

The driver somehow got out of the vehicle with what seemed minor injuries. First aid was given by us whilst we waited for the ambulance to arrive and the driver taken to hospitals as a precaution. No other vehicles were involved.

:eek: :eek: :eek: Driver is ok

Attachments

• 2019_08_07_12_59_21_148.jpg
    2019_08_07_12_59_21_148.jpg
    120.2 KB · Views: 4,439
Oh no, looks like a nasty bit of straight road.

MC

Yes a nasty bit of straight dry road with no one else or nothing on it :?: WTF happened, I can only think the embankment hedgerow jumped out or an animal

how the heck do you get away from that with a few scrapes.
Unless you were only 2 feet tall :eek:

Hamster75 said:
Yes a nasty bit of straight dry road with no one else or nothing on it :?: WTF happened, I can only think the embankment hedgerow jumped out or an animal

maybe lost control/concentration, went a bit up the tall side verge and tipped over?

Ouch! Hope the driver makes a full recovery.

Makes you think about a roll bar considering the cabin intrusion by the roof.

C.

Maybe the driver was an old boy who got a tad giddy. :lol:

As said above - lets hope everyone involved is ok.

You do occasionally see incidents on straight stretches, often when people are overtaking or come out of a bend and give it full throttle and lose control....

Am surprised how flat the roof section is.....

Kingb4 said:
As said above - lets hope everyone involved is ok.

You do occasionally see incidents on straight stretches, often when people are overtaking or come out of a bend and give it full throttle and lose control....

Am surprised how flat the roof section is.....
it was a cabriolet? yes? surely a coupe would not crush like that? :eek:
just researched and apparently this one
https://germancarsforsaleblog.com/tag/paul-stephens
Ouch indeed :splat:

If it was a Speedster rep then no roll cage. The speedster screen bolts in from either side and had no strength at all. I had one for over ten years you could grab the header rail and move the whole screen easily :eek:

I'm glad i have a none sunroof coupe 8) :Dance-Tap:

If, as i read, it was based on a targa with the roof removed then it sounds seriously dodgy to me. How would that even be allowed on the road without strengthening?

MC

Just down the road from Paul Stephens Porsche

Their retro 911 speedster per below

It was Paul driving - he had the foresight to duck as the car went over. Lucky man.

a very lucky man

grbspeedster said:
If it was a Speedster rep then no roll cage. The speedster screen bolts in from either side and had no strength at all. I had one for over ten years you could grab the header rail and move the whole screen easily :eek:

So removing the targa roll over protection hoop for this conversion, then this happens :wack: might want to stay clear of this retro experience

Attachments

• img_3751_large_902.jpg
    img_3751_large_902.jpg
    133.9 KB · Views: 4,175
  • img_3753_large_197.jpg
    img_3753_large_197.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 4,175

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biel