Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

I picked up this 992 on Tuesday

PhilipM

I picked this up on Tuesday. Very basic car - metallic and Sport Chrono and that's it as far as options are concerned.

It's my first Porsche although I drove a 997 a few years ago and was seriously impressed by that, I'm very pleased with this car. The cabin is very nice and the grunt is massively impressive.

It'll be a GT car for me as I drive from Andorra where I live to various points around Europe. I have a beater for driving locally as the local driving is poor to put it mildly.

Attachments

• p1000689_345.jpg
    p1000689_345.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 7,971
a stunner, looks like Gentian Blue which probably the best modern metallic bright blue Porsche have done in a long while :thumb:

what are you driving impressions so far :thumb:

Congrats. That's a lovely looking thing.

That's a lovely motor. And the scenery isn't bad either. What are the roads like in the Pyrenees for driving, or is that a daft question?

Fabulous blue., it really pops. :thumbs:

:envy:

:worship:

Looks beautiful in the sunlight, great colour choice, but then I would say that wouldn't I.

Looks great. A good colour choice for the 992

911UK said:
a stunner, looks like Gentian Blue which probably the best modern metallic bright blue Porsche have done in a long while :thumb:

It is Gentian Blue, and the interior is Mojave Beige which isn't as dark as it looks in the configurator, but is very nice in reality.

Driving impressions. Very planted. Turn in very neutral with only a hint of understeer on very tight bends. Power very linear and massive. Overtaking is a breeze.

The cabin is lovely and the view is really good. The A pillar doesn't restrict your view unlike the BMW 3 Series touring I've just sold. The car is easy to place.

All in all I'm very very pleased.

991.2GTS said:
That's a lovely motor. And the scenery isn't bad either. What are the roads like in the Pyrenees for driving, or is that a daft question?

The photo was taken at the ski station at Grau Roil part of the Grandvalira ski area in Andorra, just over the border with France.

The roads can be very good but the best roads are generally on the Spanish side. The Spanish seem to have used much of the money they got from the EU to build roads rather than schools and hospitals. You can drive well surfaced well engineered roads with very little traffic. The further you get into the centre of Spain the less traffic you get - apart from the larger towns and cities.

The region attracts a lot of bikers - I also ride - for this reason.

PhilipM said:
911UK said:

It is Gentian Blue, and the interior is Mojave Beige which isn't as dark as it looks in the configurator, but is very nice in reality.

Driving impressions. Very planted. Turn in very neutral with only a hint of understeer on very tight bends. Power very linear and massive. Overtaking is a breeze.

The cabin is lovely and the view is really good. The A pillar doesn't restrict your view unlike the BMW 3 Series touring I've just sold. The car is easy to place.

All in all I'm very very pleased.

More pics please inc the Mojave Beige interior :thumb:

:welcome: to 911uk and to 911 ownership.

Great looking car :thumbs:

That looks stunning,love the colour. Welcome to 911UK :thumb:

Looks like Lapis :worship:

IMG_1557_zpsncrkjq1n.jpg

:thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atlas.997
Back