Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

t-OBD

Folks, I bought a t-OBD reader from Tore....

I've installed the software and hooked it up to the car successfully, I get the red flashing light and it reads Motronic, ABS, Climate control, Alarm without any issues.

Problem is when I switch for it to read SRS Air Bag, nothing happens, I select in the software and hit the switch on the unit, red light goes out and nothing. I'm trying to turn off my airbag light but no dice at the moment.

Can anyone help please?,

Thanks
Trev

Cameltoe & Heel said:
Folks, I bought a t-OBD reader from Tore....

I've installed the software and hooked it up to the car successfully, I get the red flashing light and it reads Motronic, ABS, Climate control, Alarm without any issues.

Problem is when I switch for it to read SRS Air Bag, nothing happens, I select in the software and hit the switch on the unit, red light goes out and nothing. I'm trying to turn off my airbag light but no dice at the moment.

Can anyone help please?,

Thanks
Trev

Tore?

Airbag light

When I bought my car the airbag light was on and although the seller was paying for it to be put right it ended up being a right hassle.
I twice had the car at independents who used Durametric and Bosch Hammer who could not extinguish the light.
The car went to Newcastle OPC where after getting new software from Germany and a new airbag module the light eventually went out.
I also have just bought plugs from Tore and going to download software so interested to hear how you come on.

The Scantool software is not compatible with the SRS air bag control unit fitted to late 993 models. This unit has a 996 part number, and as far as I know was this used in some '96-models and all '97 and '98 models. The Bosch Hammer is also incompatible with these units, Porsche had launched the PST-2 diagnostic system by then to cover this.
The replacement part was (is) the same unit, so if the unit has been changed due to faults during the car's lifetime, it is highly likely that this is a 996 unit as well.
It is possible see the part number on the unit, it is placed in front of the centre console and has a orange harness connector.
Cheers,
Tore

airbag

As Tore says when I got a new airbag module on the 993 it had a 996 part number.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Timjar
Back