Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

997 Gt3 Replica Cup Wing - Anyone?

-ollie-

Monza
Hi All,

I have a gen 1 997 Gt3 which I'd like to fit a similar vintage Cup wing & decklid to the rear of.

It'll be a replica from someone like Getty in the US.

Does anyone have any experience of these? If you have one fitted to a nb 7.1 Gt3 I'd love to see it.

Thanks

Ollie

I'd be more inclined to investigate what DP Motorsport can offer:

https://www.dp-motorsport.de/en/produkt/997-gt3-cup-rear-spoiler/

I have had a couple of carbon parts from the company Getty use and my carbon roof skin is from DP Motorsport. The quality of the latter is far superior to the former.

The cost of shipping from the West Coast is eye-watering compared to shipping from Germany.

NXI20 said:
I'd be more inclined to investigate what DP Motorsport can offer:

https://www.dp-motorsport.de/en/produkt/997-gt3-cup-rear-spoiler/

I have had a couple of carbon parts from the company Getty use and my carbon roof skin is from DP Motorsport. The quality of the latter is far superior to the former.

The cost of shipping from the West Coast is eye-watering compared to shipping from Germany.

Cheers Nick, I've just dropped them a mail.

Oddly, the shipping from the US was only 250 bucks!

-ollie- said:
Oddly, the shipping from the US was only 250 bucks!

Mine was a bonnet & rear cup bumper. Seem to remember shipping at $450 and a duty & VAT charge on top!

-ollie- said:
No one? :sad:

There is a reason why that ought not have been too much of a surprise. With the 996, the GT3 and Cup were both narrow body chassis and the Cup rear deck was simply interchangeable. With the 991 - wide body and wide body so the same. With the 997 though the GT3 is narrow and the RS and Cups are wide, so for a narrow GT3 there is no OE solution for a deck to which to mount the supports for the Cup rear wing. The only option is thus an aftermarket looky-likey solution and consequently demand for them isn't great (especially outside of the US where there is much less resistance to non-OE solutions for this kind of thing).

Just filling in the background for completeness on the thread. :thumb:

Disco said:
-ollie- said:

There is a reason why that ought not have been too much of a surprise. With the 996, the GT3 and Cup were both narrow body chassis and the Cup rear deck was simply interchangeable. With the 991 - wide body and wide body so the same. With the 997 though the GT3 is narrow and the RS and Cups are wide, so for a narrow GT3 there is no OE solution for a deck to which to mount the supports for the Cup rear wing. The only option is thus an aftermarket looky-likey solution and consequently demand for them isn't great (especially outside of the US where there is much less resistance to non-OE solutions for this kind of thing).

Colin

Don't think your correct a 997 cup is narrow bodied same as road GT3. They are made from a c4s shell for extra stiffness and then have narrow quarters welded on. But none of this effects the deck lid, a RS deck lid and wing will bolt onto a 997.1 Gt3. Dimension the same

Disco said:
-ollie- said:

Colin

Don't think your correct a 997 cup is narrow bodied same as road GT3. They are made from a c4s shell for extra stiffness and then have narrow quarters welded on. But none of this effects the deck lid, a RS deck lid and wing will bolt onto a 997.1 Gt3. Dimension the same

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tobytobytoby
Back