Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

996.1 GT3 gearbox oil cooler

brendonj

Hi all,

I was hoping someone might be able to help. I have a 996.1 GT3 that is a trackday car. We are trying to put a gearbox oil cooling system in but apparently theres not enough room in the front PU with the Cup radiator modification that's been done.

Has anyone got around this gearbox oil cooler problem or even installed a heat exchanger type solution?

Many thanks,
BJ

It'd been done to my car to run the R/RS/Cup race 'box.
Rest assured with the alloy centre and side rads (the centre rad angled Cup style) and the transmission cooler in front of the centre rad, all crammed in behind alloy grills, it only just fitted in there. The transmission cooler could be seen bulging out through the ali grills.

I've ditched the transmission cooler now, as it was pointless for road use and it was just an unecessary added complication.

All joking aside B, I think we should meet for a chat over a coffee. Soon.

Thanks Henry, I've been having trouble with selecting gears on track when so we were looking for a way to keep the oil cooler like the 996.2 gearbox solution. I'll give you a call as well.

Many thanks

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
993gtnut
Back