Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

991.1 GTS

gonesailing

Silverstone
I'm hoping to join the gang, with the purchase of a rather lovely GTS.

Going to view it this week, so any tips on specific 991 issues to look out for?

Not sure you have anything to worry over, although the changeover valves seem a big issue and good enough reason alone to go OPC warranty certainly initially. (expensive to get at and change) an OPC will likely change all of them FOC if there's an issue and under warranty).

It has the balance of the 2 year OPC warranty, so confident about the car despite not having to buy it from an OPC at OPC prices.

Many thanks for your reply.

mark pearce said:
http://911uk.com/ads_item.php?id=9206

Your car is great Mark, as always, but the one I am buying is £10k less and has preferable spec.

gonesailing said:
mark pearce said:
http://911uk.com/ads_item.php?id=9206

Your car is great Mark, as always, but the one I am buying is £10k less and has preferable spec.

£10k less with better spec?!?!

Must have well over 20k miles on the clock then.

The spec isn't better, it's my preferred spec.

The car has just ticked over 27,000 miles, on my test drive today, but it's frickin' amazing, and i'm going to use it, so don't care too much about the mileage.

gonesailing said:

Rear loom has an issue due to the spoiler operation......causes a warning light on dash saying third brake light failure.

Roof Panel in front of sunroof..........inspect very carefully for tiny micro blisters in paintwork. I encountered a patch not much bigger then a thumbnail.

Retire your ipod classic (if you have one of course) I've given up trying to find a solution that doesn't involve downloading 2 weeks in length of music onto something else.

minor issues of course.....great cars. enjoy it. :thumb:

[quote any tips on specific 991 issues to look out for?[/quote]

These cars are colour sensitive - so make sure its Guards Red :D
Noise from the engine - if you cant hear it, then walk away.

wilpert said:
[quote any tips on specific 991 issues to look out for?

Noise from the engine - if you cant hear it, then walk away.[/quote]

:grin: :worship: :floor: :thumb: (other reds are available)

Rear loom has an issue due to the spoiler operation......causes a warning light on dash saying third brake light failure.

Sorry for the thread hijack... I think I may have this issue. Are there any more details available on a fix?

rob_p said:

Sorry for the thread hijack... I think I may have this issue. Are there any more details available on a fix?

I'd only driven the car for about 5 mins after picking it up from the OPC.
After arriving home, I gave them a call and they arranged to fix it.
When picking it up again, part of the conversation was that it was an issue they were coming across.
I presume they would not replace the loom if there was an easier fix, possibly Re-routing it to stop it happening again :dont know:

Rhodris-dad said:
rob_p said:

I'd only driven the car for about 5 mins after picking it up from the OPC.
After arriving home, I gave them a call and they arranged to fix it.
When picking it up again, part of the conversation was that it was an issue they were coming across.
I presume they would not replace the loom if there was an easier fix, possibly Re-routing it to stop it happening again :dont know:

Thanks v much.

No sunroof, thank goodness!!

I am keen to find a CarPlay hack, but not while it's in warranty!!

Rear loom is a good shout, thanks for the reply.

Very exciting stuff, saw the car yesterday, she's a hotty!

Rhodris-dad said:
gonesailing said:

Roof Panel in front of sunroof..........inspect very carefully for tiny micro blisters in paintwork. I encountered a patch not much bigger then a thumbnail.

Retire your ipod classic (if you have one of course) I've given up trying to find a solution that doesn't involve downloading 2 weeks in length of music onto something else.

minor issues of course.....great cars. enjoy it. :thumb:

wilpert said:
[quote any tips on specific 991 issues to look out for?

Noise from the engine - if you cant hear it, then walk away.[/quote]

She's Carmine Red, so nearly there!!!

Test drive was yesterday, and god it sounds good!

Latest posts

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Camarocane
Back