Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Show us your temp gauge!

FZP

Zandvoort
Go on then.....let's see who tops out. For the record, unless it's 36°C+, it's only warm still. :grin: :grin: :grin:

Attachments

• 20190725_152713_1200x1600_201.jpg
    20190725_152713_1200x1600_201.jpg
    300.4 KB · Views: 2,048
Arrived in Langres in France an hour ago from Switzerland. Highest we saw was 41.5degC.

Can't join in, the 993 doesn't have such luxuries.

Doh, should have taken a pic.
Mine displayed 39.5 in wanstead today and only dropped to 38 after a few miles driving in the a12. I parked behind our office and put 2 dust sheets over the car to keep the sun out.

Also, not to rub it in but I spent a few quid last year and had air conditioning installed in our house, mainly because we live on a bit of a busy A road, so we can't open the windows at night.
That was the best money I've ever spent, I set all of the units at 22 degrees on sleep mode and the bedroom feels lovely.
Our electricity bill is likely to be a bit spicy but I'll worry about that another time.

Sorry I had to share that. :D

wilpert said:
Also, not to rub it in but I spent a few quid last year and had air conditioning installed in our house, mainly because we live on a bit of a busy A road, so we can't open the windows at night.
That was the best money I've ever spent, I set all of the units at 22 degrees on sleep mode and the bedroom feels lovely.
Our electricity bill is likely to be a bit spicy but I'll worry about that another time.

Back home it was standard issue to have it. My last one was on 3 phase power and would chill the house so quickly, penguins were lining up to come in :floor:
So as part of the Reno project at My place, I got pricing for a very similar set up and they were in the £60-£80k bracket. This represented a 20x price difference, not inclusive of getting 3 phase power to my front door. After some serious questioning of people in the business, the reason why they charge so much is, "because we can"
:wall: :wall: :wall:
I envy your AC right now
My all time record for temp reading in a car was 47°. I've still got the brand Mark from the seatbelt buckle

deMort said:
35 degrees in the workshop today .. i don't want to live anymore !

You can't work on cars in that temperature :eek:

If you guys want to consider some A/C in your workshop let me know. They heat as well so comes in handy for heating it in the winter too.

36.5 this afternoon when I went out...

Attachments

• 31f7f86c_9d4f_4b9a_9247_48216f149a96_161.jpeg
    31f7f86c_9d4f_4b9a_9247_48216f149a96_161.jpeg
    397.4 KB · Views: 1,855
FZP said:
wilpert said:

Back home it was standard issue to have it. My last one was on 3 phase power and would chill the house so quickly, penguins were lining up to come in :floor:
So as part of the Reno project at My place, I got pricing for a very similar set up and they were in the £60-£80k bracket. This represented a 20x price difference, not inclusive of getting 3 phase power to my front door. After some serious questioning of people in the business, the reason why they charge so much is, "because we can"
:wall: :wall: :wall:
I envy your AC right now
My all time record for temp reading in a car was 47°. I've still got the brand Mark from the seatbelt buckle

Ours is a bit more "low key" but still very effective, I had 2 twin units fitted externally on the shaded side of the house, each one powers 2 units internally, so I have 3 of the bedrooms covered and our small TV room, they are Fujitsu units and although they are really quiet, I still dont like leaving them running for long when I am sleeping, so I tend to leave them on in the evening on a timer, so they run for around an hour after bed time.
Its quite surprising, when I look outside and see how much water drips out of the condensation pipe, I think it is the humidity that makes you uncomfortable maybe as much as the heat.

My neighbours have a different system, they all slob out in the garden with cans of lager until they pass out and they dont need air conditioning :floor: Welcome to Essex :thumb:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ccosh
Back