Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

New 992 lasted 15 minutes!

BTJ

I collected my new 992 4S Cab on the 19th June, it lasted 15 minutes before the dash failed. I returned the car to the dealer the next day, almost 5 weeks later the car is still there with no news on replacement parts or repair. Dealer unable to help as Germany not responding with date for replacement part. Porsche UK customer services are laughable, their response was that cars malfunction, that's why they give a warranty.

Very poor, least they can do is put you in a 992 to use while you wait. Have they done that?

MJA911 said:
Very poor, least they can do is put you in a 992 to use while you wait. Have they done that?
On my 4th courtesy car, 2 x 992's, Macan coupe and a Panamera.

BTJ said:
I collected my new 992 4S Cab on the 19th June, it lasted 15 minutes before the dash failed. I returned the car to the dealer the next day, almost 5 weeks later the car is still there with no news on replacement parts or repair. Dealer unable to help as Germany not responding with date for replacement part. Porsche UK customer services are laughable, their response was that cars malfunction, that's why they give a warranty.

Yes cars malfunction but it doesn't take 5 weeks to fix them.

Ask for your money back as it is not fit for purpose (that might make them get a move on).

Please name the OPC concerned.

Shocking, absolutely shocking.

I hope it is resolved quickly.

Gutted for you pal! :frustrated:

MJA911 said:

Surely the least they can do, is give you a new 992!!!

Shocking service

Perhaps they are deliberately taking their time, hoping you will reject it. Then they will sell it above list as pre-owned to someone who will not wait X months for delivery :?: May even have a buyer in the wings or am I being cynical :eek:

Can i just humbly say that the OPC is caught between a rock and a hard place .. they request a part from porsche , as it's a new car there are often very little spares available as they are all being fitted to the cars in production .

Supply and demand .. item is made for a car and fitted with no redundancies .

Therefore the OPC has to wait until porsche actually send them a replacement unit .. there's nothing else they can do ..

They bear the brunt of the customer's frustration ( i fully understand that ) but there is simply nothing they can do about it .

With a new car and a fault then the item may well need redesigning or new software .. porsche will sort that but its not straight away .. hence another wait whilst the item is redesigned .

There have been a few issues with this model as there has been going way back with all new models .

i've seen it since the launch of the 997 up until the 991 turbo which had a stop sale at one point .. i was kinda responsible for that as i came across one of the first instances of a brake disc fault on these which lead to the stopping of Any car being delivered until it was re designed ... that again took weeks .

As the cars get more complicated then there are often more faults and things that need fixing , this also compounds the effect as R&D at porsche never used to be that large so things take time .

In short .. Blame porsche .. not the poor OPC ..

My 2 pennys which in not way helps but hopefully moves the blame .

Considering i've not been at an OPC for a few years and work at an Indy i know it's nothing to do with me .. but i do feel blame should be sent to the people that deserve it .

With regards to different loan cars then long term problems and service often use a sales demo car .. these are booked out in advance for test drives so a customer often has to swop with another car so that a customer can demo a car .

OPC only has a limited number of cars and these are often used to try and sell one so it's always a juggling act between service and sales and what cars they have available .

There is also the second problem of only so many miles can be accrued on a demo / loan car before its retired for sale and a new one ordered .

OPC may well get the demo cars cheap but they have to sell them on at some point so a mileage limit is required .

What do the terms of the warranty say? How long have they got to identify the problem, order parts and complete the repair?

If they have failed to comply with the terms of the warranty then you have a case against them.

Winny

I haven't been able to buy a brand new car all too often but have bought used prestige cars secondhand,
I was always under the idea that quite often new models can suffer from design niggles recalls etc, so pays to buy them 12-18 months from release to iron out the chaff.

Would be a bit of a downer if your new motor failed like this though, their advertising says more digital than before, a feature I don't like.

Not the dealers fault though but makes them look bad.

Sorry to hear about your predicament.

Completely Porsche's fault/problem. You are entitled to reject this car as not fit-for-purpose and to get a full refund.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevemias
Back