Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Sunroof motor cutoff

gunner

Sao Paulo
Closed my sunroof at the weekend and instead of the motor cutting out once it was fully closed it continued to run until I released the switch a second later. Made a horrible noise too.

I assume there is a cut-off switch somewhere which has failed and wondered if anyone has had the same issue?

Pretty sure it doesn't work with the ignition off. Either way, it's only just started doing this.

gunner said:
Closed my sunroof at the weekend and instead of the motor cutting out once it was fully closed it continued to run until I released the switch a second later. Made a horrible noise too.

I assume there is a cut-off switch somewhere which has failed and wondered if anyone has had the same issue?

I have the exact same issue and since I just got the car was wondering if that's a feature. Apparently not.

Let me know if you find a fix for it, would love to know how to take care of this before the sunroof motor gets too damaged.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Geoffrey Fickle
Back