Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Urgent help pls - sunroof stuck fully open!

tedzwedz

Hi

As above, I've not used the car for a few weeks, I've opened the sunroof and it's now stuck fully open, all the way back.

When I pressed the shut button all it did was open more!!

Can you manually pull shut

Any tips, may rain soon! :-(

Best Edward

I tried the emergency tool to close under the panal, would not turn

tedzwedz said:
Hi

Can you manually pull shut

Motor sounds OK then so assume there is an issue with the switch itself. I am sure others will know more about what usually goes wrong with that and how to test it.

If you need to close it there should be a handle behind the trim that holds the sunroof switches/ interior light etc (is like this on a 997 and other cars I have had). If you can remove the trim and then the handle (prob looks like a big Allen key) you should be able to insert this into the motor and crank it closed manually.

If you have the owners manual it will give you details as to how to do it.

Edit...... looks like you have tried that. Has always worked for me. Sounds strange that the switch will open it further but you cannot manually crank it closed.

I guess you have eyeballed it all very closely to make sure nothing is broken on the cassette and there is nothing in there that should not be there?

Try the below .. you have to press the allen key in , this disengages the drive so it will turn

You could also try comfort closing .. lock with the ignition key but hold it in the lock position to comfort close windows / roof .

Attachments

• roof1_1_313.jpg
    roof1_1_313.jpg
    333.9 KB · Views: 1,353
  • roof_1_155.jpg
    roof_1_155.jpg
    220.3 KB · Views: 1,326
Thank you for your help guys!

The roof would not turn and the allen keys churned the metal, its whats called pot metal, i.e. v soft! Hopeless

I took motor off and cogs and manually wound temporarily!

I would humbly suggest you try the teaching process ... it's a pain and often has to be done several times ...i have no idea why it doesn't just work but its a pain in the ass to be honest ... if not then atm your into a new motor and this will also need calibrating .

re the gears .. you have to push upwards to disengage the gear from the motor .. i know full well from targa roof motors ( same thing ) they jam , don't release and strip the allen key fitting .. i have a draw full of old motors with worn gears , i swop these bits over as its common for them to fall apart on manual movement on the allen key part .. been there and done it many times .

just my 2 cents anyways .

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
3sp1f8
Back