Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Looking for another 997 3.8S

PC2017

Hi Everyone,

I am back in the market for a 997 Gen 1 Carrera S after selling my other one about 18 months ago.

Early stages of looking but ready to buy and I have seen one local to my self I am hoping to view next week.

I know the common things to look for in terms of IMS & Bore scoring.
Since I sold my last 997 it seems prices have slipped slightly so just wondering what people think the right 'market value' would be on a car with the below spec?

2006 997 S with 76k miles
Grey with black leather
Sun roof, Bose, sport suspension and couple of other minor upgrades
Gen 2 lights front & rear
6 previous owners

The car appears in good order with plenty of history. The garage selling it aren't exactly knowledgable in terms of the history on these cars so I am hoping that when I look through all the history there is some evidence of IMG upgrade or engine being re-lined but at the moment I am basing it on not having this done.

I will get a borescope inspection done prior to sale but its a nice looking car and local to me so hopefully the history stacks up.

It would come with 12 months MOT & Warranty, not sure what use the warranty would be but its included free anyway.

Based on the above what price do you think would be reasonable.

Thanks in advance. I am looking forward to getting behind the wheel of a 997 again and will keep you all updated :)

In the current market I'd hope to pick that car up for £24k max'.

If it's a 2006 then it should have the larger IMS bearing but still worth a check :thumb:

Thanks, I didn't realise that.

Its actually a 56 reg (registered Oct 2006).

How would I check the IMS bearing is the newer larger style?

If you can get the engine Number you can check if it has the larger IMS or not to be on the safe side.

Some 2006 i have seen still have the earlier IMS..not sure why...but the engine number check is pretty reliable.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Autocraft1
Back