Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Rough idle

Jhayward

Hi all.
Got back from holiday last week looking forwards to taking my baby out for a drive. Left her on my battery conditioner for the two weeks so no problem starting, and run smooth as normal. I decided not having time myself to have the local car wash blow the dust off her, this is were the problem started. They have had a new snowfoam cleaning system installed while I've been away and whilst rinseing her down I noticed the engine started running rough and then brake sensor light came on. I quickly turned off the engine left her to stand in the sun for a while then started her again, the brake sensor light disappeared but still had rough idle. Took her for a run and engine light came on but car was running nice only rough at idle, read codes and misfire cylinder 6. Clear codes and drove all week same rough idle. Do you think coil packs have given up or something else like maf required clean. Help appreciated.

A corroded ign coil when wet will cause a misfire . if you can then have a look for cracks in the coil.

When dry it will run fine .

No.6 is o/s/r and closest to the driver's seat .

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Timjar
Back