Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

2 Questions re 996 3.6 C2 (Facelift) Targa Tip 2003 RHD.

toad haul

I'm new on forum. I suppose my Q's have been covered before but I can't find a way of searching topics ? Sorry. What's the secret ?
I started total restoration about 5yrs ago - then got sick. Just getting back to the resto job (won't hear a word against the NHS). So the car has stood for 5yrs.
Q1. I assume I need to drain the bad fuel. It seems sensible to let the fuel pump do the work and collect bad fuel by breaking the supply line at the engine bay end - but I can't identify where the line is/goes. Have watched endless YouTube clips but variants of model/year seem to have totally different fuel supply routes/gear. Can someone send me a pic or link showing where the fuel line can be broken, and a collecting tube/tank attached ? Also, am I wrong in assuming that if I turn the ignition key one click it will fire the fuel pump into action ? I know I must not start the engine - because it's starved of oil and anyway it's stripped of exhaust, induction and other gear.
Q2. I left Tip selector in 'P' park. I want to push the car out of the garage so I can jet wash the underside and begin tackling corrosion etc. But the rear wheels diff won't allow car to move. Will it move if Tip selector is in 'N' ? If so, how do I select 'N' if I can't start the engine ?
Any advice re general topic of recovering the car from long sleep most welcome. Many thanks.

:welcome: to 911uk

It's refreshing to have a newbie (or an established member for that matter) asking about the Search function so :thumbs: for that.

Unusually however I think your questions may be of an ilk that would be difficult to find so you may have to wait for customised answers from the helpful folk on here.

In the meantime, and for future reference, all you have to do is click on the Search Forum written in red at the top right of the screen and type in a couple of key words.

eg in your case

fuel AND drain

would give you a long list of results.

Good Luck :thumb:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PC Saros
Back