Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Finally have my GT3!

kam

After five years of 997 Turbo ownership, finally picked up my GT3 8)

2015 Guards Red Clubsport, 4.5k miles on the clock.

IMG_4494.jpg
[/URL]

IMG_4391.jpg
[/URL]

IMG_4389.jpg
[/URL]

IMG_4510.jpg
[/URL]

That looks like a beast and the colour is to die for. :D

(bias as I now have a 981 GTS - Guards red)

enjoy it :thumbs:

wilpert said:

Thank you!, the colour is just amazing, was going for a white one until I had a look at this.
still smiling! :D

Very nice, but why does guards red always look so good on other peoples cars? :dont know:

:thumb: car

:thumbs: colour

See you at The Fairmile tomorrow :?:

kam said:
wilpert said:

Thank you!, the colour is just amazing, was going for a white one until I had a look at this.

Same - Ive had silver, Atlas, Basalt,Solid black and got tempted by a yellow but the GR won the day.
Looks even better on the GT3 and doesnt show th dirt too much.
:thumb:

T8 said:
:thumb: car

:thumbs: colour

See you at The Fairmile tomorrow :?:

YES, YES and YES! :thumbs:

wilpert said:
kam said:
wilpert said:

Same - Ive had silver, Atlas, Basalt,Solid black and got tempted by a yellow but the GR won the day.

Agree, the paint is in great condition, has a ceramic coating. Getting PPF installed next week.

kam said:
wilpert said:
kam said:
wilpert said:

Agree, the paint is in great condition, has a ceramic coating. Getting PPF installed next week.

Mine has the ceramic coating too - It was done properly, i.e. the car was well cleaned up before it was applied and there are very few chips or swirls.
I was tempted by the PPF but I had it (part) on a cayman S and it started to curl a bit on the mirror backs and wheel arches and i didnt like the line across the bonnet.
Are you going for the full PPF or just part?

My missus suggested getting just the bonnet wrapped in carbon fibre film but I talked her out of that - although it did give me ideas of a black carbon fibre bonnet :?:

That is a belter, love a guards red would love to move in to one of these at some point however the plan for the winter is to get the aerokit fitted to mine and keep it a wee while longer.

enjoy your new toy :thumb:

Nice

apollokre1d said:
Wow lovely car, congratulations mate :)

Thanks mate! :thumbs:

Gazc2 said:
That is a belter, love a guards red would love to move in to one of these at some point however the plan for the winter is to get the aerokit fitted to mine and keep it a wee while longer.

enjoy your new toy :thumb:

Thank you, big smile on my face! :D

wilpert said:
kam said:
wilpert said:
kam said:
wilpert said:

Mine has the ceramic coating too - It was done properly, i.e. the car was well cleaned up before it was applied and there are very few chips or swirls.
I was tempted by the PPF but I had it (part) on a cayman S and it started to curl a bit on the mirror backs and wheel arches and i didnt like the line across the bonnet.
Are you going for the full PPF or just part?

My missus suggested getting just the bonnet wrapped in carbon fibre film but I talked her out of that - although it did give me ideas of a black carbon fibre bonnet :?:

All front end lower sills and rear lower quarters. I have a graphics company, so know lots about vinyls. Going to use Topaz who have long term experience, they make sure the vinyl wraps to the sides of the panels which helps visuallly.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SBSEA
Back