Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Best way to improve the sound of the 992....

ant922599

......ok so nothing like a bit of click bait, but - one word - Burmester.

Had a chance to hear it vs Bose, and it is incredible. If anyone is on the fence about optioning it, do it, it really is amazing.

I fully appreciate that when you're on a proper drive, it'll be off - but if you value music and audio generally, then for all the times you'll be sat in traffic or trundling down the motorway, it's so worth the money.

Far easier decision than the bloody colour....

Amazing sound. Makes every trip in the Merc a pleasure, Lana Del Rey at full tilt. #boom :thumb:

ant922599 said:
......ok so nothing like a bit of click bait, but - one word - Burmester.

Had a chance to hear it vs Bose, and it is incredible. If anyone is on the fence about optioning it, do it, it really is amazing.

I fully appreciate that when you're on a proper drive, it'll be off - but if you value music and audio generally, then for all the times you'll be sat in traffic or trundling down the motorway, it's so worth the money.

Far easier decision than the bloody colour....

What's the road noise like in a 992? I opted for Bose over the standard in mine, and when you are sat in traffic it's great, but once driving the road noise removes any advantage over the standard. When I come to spec a 992 GTS, unless the road noise has improved significantly over the 991.2, I won't be optioning an audio upgrade.

Yeah I can quite appreciate why, particularly in a GT/GTS, it wouldn't be top of the option list.

I've only had a couple of test drives (one extended) in the 992, but the road noise wasn't bad enough to negate the audio upgrade though.

It may also improve somewhat if they start coming with a different tyre - I dont think the Goodyear is all that good, based on tests I've seen/read.

I'm hoping to run the 992 for 2-3 years then get into a 992 GTS 8)

ant922599 said:
Yeah I can quite appreciate why, particularly in a GT/GTS, it wouldn't be top of the option list.

I've only had a couple of test drives (one extended) in the 992, but the road noise wasn't bad enough to negate the audio upgrade though.

It may also improve somewhat if they start coming with a different tyre - I dont think the Goodyear is all that good, based on tests I've seen/read.

I'm hoping to run the 992 for 2-3 years then get into a 992 GTS 8)

I'm driving a 992 C4S at PEC in a few weeks, back to back with a 991.2 C4 GTS, so I'll be able to report back on difference in road noise (well, track noise I guess. :bandit: )

991.2GTS said:
I'm driving a 992 C4S at PEC in a few weeks, back to back with a 991.2 C4 GTS, so I'll be able to report back on difference in road noise (well, track noise I guess. :bandit: )

That would be fantastic, please let us know.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
barrywhite
Back