Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

997 C2 minus rear seats = 50% 991 Carrera T...?

Hizza

Monza
My 6 foot tall 22 year old son now refuses to sit in the back of my C2....Can't believe it's taken this long for him to realise that back-seat travel in a 997 is for toddlers only!

And I always have the rear seats folded flat anyway so decided today to take them out on the basis they are now just dead weight.

A five minute job and they were out. I'm keeping the belts in place for now and am still deciding whether to go for the rear-seat-delete kit in the future. Out of interest I weighed the seats, bolts etc and they weigh ..... 9.3kg. I then recalled an article on the 991.2 T - a purist's 911 with manual box and weight reduction... of 20kg ... from rear seat delete and thinner glass.

So my 997 C2 has achieved 50% of this with no real effort at all.

If someone can show me how to shave 9.3kg in five minutes off the fat 51 year old driver please let me know....

Also, worth noting - last year I took off the yellowing rear wheel arch protectors. 5 minutes with a hair dryer easy peasy, don't believe the scare stories on here. Must be worth at least 5 grams? I then had eibach lowering springs and spacers fitted by RPM Technik. In spite of the wheels being lower and wider - I can report no chips or marks to the front edge of the rear lower wings ... and the car's lines look so much cleaner. So I'm really not sure these are needed....

Also visited OPC Silverstone (Towcester) today. They are going through a major refurb but some lovely cars there - aforementioned 991.2 Carrera T, 992, 991 GT3 RS in lava, various GT3's and a lovely GT3 Touring... with very dodgy decal detail on the left rear wing if you look closely....

:bye:

Rapid weight loss of around 9.3kg from a 51 year old can be achieved very simply. one of my neighbours did exactly this by having his left leg amputated.

it is worth noting that this method is only useful if you own a tiptronic

Hizza said:
If someone can show me how to shave 9.3kg in five minutes off the fat 51 year old driver please let me know....

Some excellent inspiration here

I removed my back seats in my 911 during my build. I had new carpets made by Porsche, also bought new seatbelt delete pieces (after removing the seatbelts) and replaced the rear inner quarter panels to remove the holes from where all the fixing went. Carpet alone cost £600 and took 2 months to be made by Porsche. I'm sure there is some kit you can get to tidy this up cheaper but I was going for the OEM look.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biel
Back