Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Retro fit Sports Exhaust

Curious2

Trainee
I have a 991.2 Carrera and am considering having a retro fit PSE from my local OPC at an eye watering cost of £4K. Do those of you with a PSE fitted to the 3.0L turbo engine find it makes a real difference when activated or should I not bother. Secondary benefit is it will convert the car to central pipes at the rear which is a look I like.

£4K!!!

Is that because you need a new bumper?

It's half the price on a .1?

Yes partly as I need a new lower panel / diffuser/ new switch panel and exhaust tips. labour charge is quoted as £1445

Sponegbob. That review refers to the 992 which sounds completely different due to fuel particulate filters being fitted I believe.

Curious2 said:
Sponegbob. That review refers to the 992 which sounds completely different due to fuel particulate filters being fitted I believe.

Yep, not sure its that different though, I certainly couldn't tell any difference in the showroom between the turbo engines. The sound just isn't there, even with the PSE.

Have a look on Nick Murray's YouTube channel.

The cost is about the quotes I got for a 996 PSE 6+ years ago. The labour for the wiring and switch don't help. I think it's more change to the actual exhaust and silencers than on a Gen 1 991.

I've got PSE on my 991.2 and not only do I like the noise it makes but also I get a lot of compliments on the sound too. If you have the money then go for it. If you are local to me then i would be happy to meet up and let you have a listen so you can decide for yourself if it is worth it.

I'd call a few OPCs as you might find a less expensive option. Also check with Indies as they can do this job also.

I paid £2k in October for my 981 Boxster. I know it's different but just pointing out the cost.

Gizmo750 said:
I've got PSE on my 991.2 and not only do I like the noise it makes but also I get a lot of compliments on the sound too. If you have the money then go for it. If you are local to me then i would be happy to meet up and let you have a listen so you can decide for yourself if it is worth it.

Gizmo 750
Many thanks for your response and offer of a meet up. I am located in New Forest so perhaps not to far away. Have sent you a PM.

I've dropped you a reply, seems we are close by so should be able to sort something out

I have a full PSE system for sale, removed from my 991.2 Carrera T at 2,000 miles.

£1,250 buyer to collect (Northants) or plus shipping.

Would seriously recommend speaking to Eddy Brooke at Brooke race exhausts, as he is very helpful and the one he has fitted to my 911 is amazing (drops 23kgs, adds around 25bhp and the sound is awesome).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PC Saros
Back