Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

997 C4S wheels on a 996 C4S fitment

waynew

Hi,

I am looking at a set of lobster claw wheels from a 997 to fit my 996 C4S

My current turbo twist alloys have stamped on them 8 45 front and 11 45 rear.

I assume this is the width and offset.

The 997 front wheels are 8x19 with 57 offset

The rears 11x19 51 offset.

The offsets are therefore different, and I assume the wheels will then sit out further, not a bad thing in itself.

So, will they fit OK?

Have seen lobsters on plenty of 996's, but never on a C4S... you will need spacers I think.

These may help you, I always use the site willtheyfit.com to work out this sort of thing :thumb:

Attachments

• rear_125.jpg
    rear_125.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 1,311
  • front_764.jpg
    front_764.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 1,311
Thanks the help and useful web links.

Looks like I need to fit spacers . To do this will I need new studs - never done this before Are they easy to get out, or do 996 have bolts?

Hi,

if you use spacers you will need new bolts "longer" first you will have to decide what spacers you need,

this is link to website where you can put all information:

https://www.willtheyfit.com/

check what you have on car alloys and tyre then put size of new alloys and then play with tyre, aim to have same error front/rear

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Camarocane
Back