Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Wishing for a 992 but think I know the answer..

mattster10

Hi to all

I'm looking for some advice as I would dearly love to own a 992
I have older car to trade in which has been valued at around £16k by the OPC to be fair that's £2k higher than an indy offered me and I was thinking I could put some more cash down to top this figure up but I've no idea what the repayments would be on a PCP deal for a new car.

I've heard that buying new can be a better option as some of the older used residuals are better but when I asked the OPC about dealer contribution I was told it's not something they do.

Fair enough - is there anyway I can work out what the cost and repayments would likely be? I've seen some great used 992's with good spec but they are listed at £110k which would take some doing to get to and have an affordable monthly payment.

I won't break the bank or stretch myself so wondering if I should give up now and focus on a used 991.1 or 991.2 for around £50-£60k

Welcome any comments

Think I've posted this before. This site gives basic costs for usual finance once you know the interest rate.

PCP is usually slightly higher total cost for the flexibility and guaranteed future value if included. Basically you pay more for their increased risk. Hence why all adverts only talk about monthly cost and flash the small print for minimum time...

https://www.thecalculatorsite.com/finance/calculators/carloancalculator.php it shows the interest and equity balance in the payments.

991.2GTS said:
If you can make the 992 happen, do it........ :thumb:

Yes for sure
I know I can pick up a nice 991.2 easy for £70-£75k

Just don't know if can get to the £100k for 992

G2 said:
Think I've posted this before. This site gives basic costs for usual finance once you know the interest rate.

PCP is usually slightly higher total cost for the flexibility and guaranteed future value if included. Basically you pay more for their increased risk. Hence why all adverts only talk about monthly cost and flash the small print for minimum time...

https://www.thecalculatorsite.com/finance/calculators/carloancalculator.php it shows the interest and equity balance in the payments.
I know I've said this before, but in my experience OPCs are conservative about the guaranteed future values, so I'm not convinced they're taking increased risk. I remember when I was talking about PCP for a Cayenne and this "low depreciation" car was expected to lose 60-70+% of value over three years....

mattster10 said:
I've seen some great used 992's with good spec but they are listed at £110k which would take some doing to get to and have an affordable monthly payment.
I suspect that all of the "used" 992s currently available will be on at list price - basically you're saving on not having to wait for the car to be built, but not saving on cost.

PerrinAybara said:
mattster10 said:
I've seen some great used 992's with good spec but they are listed at £110k which would take some doing to get to and have an affordable monthly payment.
I suspect that all of the "used" 992s currently available will be on at list price - basically you're saving on not having to wait for the car to be built, but not saving on cost.

Yes exactly this
And there's a lot of difference in £110k v £70k lol

PerrinAybara said:
G2 said:

I know I've said this before, but in my experience OPCs are conservative about the guaranteed future values, so I'm not convinced they're taking increased risk. I remember when I was talking about PCP for a Cayenne and this "low depreciation" car was expected to lose 60-70+% of value over three years....

Not quite what I was getting at. The increased cost is usually higher APR on the PCP or any agreement that documents a 'guaranteed future value". Semantics but it's a defined term that means they are taking the 'risk" of the cars value, with a straight balloon HP you the purchaser takes the risk.....and its used as an excuse by most finance companies inc VWFS that porsche paper is weighed on.

The above are different structures that have been brought to car finance and not presented as clearly as they should. , as ever, devil in the detail.

mattster10 said:
Hi to all

I have older car to trade in which has been valued at around £16k by the OPC to be fair that's £2k higher than an indy offered me and I was thinking I could put some more cash down to top this figure up but I've no idea what the repayments would be on a PCP deal for a new car.

I've heard that buying new can be a better option as some of the older used residuals are better but when I asked the OPC about dealer contribution I was told it's not something they do.

Fair enough - is there anyway I can work out what the cost and repayments would likely be? I've seen some great used 992's with good spec but they are listed at £110k which would take some doing to get to and have an affordable monthly payment.

I won't break the bank or stretch myself so wondering if I should give up now and focus on a used 991.1 or 991.2 for around £50-£60k

Welcome any comments

Depreciation depreciation depreciation. Surely always be the killer on a 992. deal. 991 someone has already taken the biggest hit for you. Is the 992 a great car? yes. But so is the 991 :thumb:

A used 992 at 110 k hmmm. Your into 991 GT3 territory :dont know:

spongebob squarepants said:
mattster10 said:
Hi to all

Welcome any comments

Depreciation depreciation depreciation. Surely always be the killer on a 992. deal. 991 someone has already taken the biggest hit for you. Is the 992 a great car? yes. But so is the 991 :thumb:

A used 992 at 110 k hmmm. Your into 991 GT3 territory :dont know:

Yeah I'm not sure about a GT3 this will be my first 911 and I'd be using it daily so need practically and at least some mpg...

I drove a 992 for a full day in all conditions & can say they are a great car amazing handling, safety, & like a catapult when you open them up, deceptively fast.

However I own a 991.1 s & can honestly say they are so much more exciting & sound awesome, they feel much more alive, sadly lacking in the new one.

I would go for a 2015 - C2S low mileage & save your self a boat load of cash. :wack:

You will seriously do your brains in on a 992,without a doubt.
If you can afford the financial hit then go for it but the sensible choice is to let someone else take the hit and buy a sensibly specc'd 991.

Hamster75 said:
I drove a 992 for a full day in all conditions & can say they are a great car amazing handling, safety, & like a catapult when you open them up, deceptively fast.

However I own a 991.1 s & can honestly say they are so much more exciting & sound awesome, they feel much more alive, sadly lacking in the new one.

I would go for a 2015 - C2S low mileage & save your self a boat load of cash. :wack:

Thanks for the advise
I don't suppose you could recommend what a good model looks like?

This would be my first one so it would be good to get a benchmark

If you Must have a 911 and it's a daily, you can't go far wrong with 991.2 such as this. https://finder.porsche.com/gb/en_GB/911-Carrera-S-80189
A 991.1 will make a better sound and save you 10k plus dependant on miles and kit. 991.2 has newer tech and more torque low down.
So much choice. Don't rule out a not S as your first especially 991.2. They are plenty fast and still feel quite delicate compared to the 992.
Also a good indy will save some pounds on your budget.

Latest posts

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Camarocane
Back