Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Scotland South Concours - Ballathie House (victory!)

nickjonesn4

Sao Paulo
Great day out with my kids today to the R1 and R2 joint concours today. My wife is away so we gave the car a clean and polish yesterday ahead of the event. We even did the interior, I think for the first time since I've owned it. Met some nice people, a stunning location and we won one of the two judges prizes. Proof that child labour still has a place :grin:

Some photos of the day

Superb result. Congrats

well done , car is a beautiful colour .... I wish that I could have made it ... although my route down never lends itself to the car being in concours condition so I park in general ...!!
( at the TIPEC PITG in 2018 , I think I would have won the award for "clatty car" of the day !!)

Hard to beat a great day out in your Porsche, add to that winning a prize, what`s more to want Nic..? Nice pics too, the only thing missing is the sound of that fruity exhaust system (-:

911TEL re the less than perfect appearance of your Porsche after a possible journey to a concours.... My other favoured Marque had a big event in the USA and given nearly all the money in the car world seems to be spent in the US you can imagine the quality of the average attendees vehicles, then this old really ratty Morgan turned up and completely stole the show... it had high mileage as it had been well used for road trips all over the US and beyond by it`s owner, the old sports car garnered so much interest that the event organisers had it moved into the hotel foyer... As our American cousins say "Go figure".. :grin:

Nice one Nick still didnt manage to catch up with you but had a look at your car which was looking cracking, I liked the blue 930 and had a good chat with its owner cracking car, I was the one in the 924 getting a push along the drive after the starter motor jammed :D

It was a nice day for it although I would say it was one of the smaller turnouts I`ve seen over the last few years.

Well done, it polished up nicely.

Looks like a fab day out 👍

Well done. That's no mean feat. :thumbs:

Nice pics and a lovely setting. Car looks ace! 8)

8)

I think what that red aero-kitted 996 needs is more stickers up the side of the windscreen. :grin:
Only joking, it looks very clean.

Pick of that lot is that grey 70's (backdate?) one with yellow 'Porsche" script. Gorgeous that. :thumb:

Thanks all, I thought we would have a chance when two of the judges stopped to ask about the Ohlins shocks and where I got the Japanese split rims!!

3 hours work on the Saturday - snow foam, 2 bucket wash, dried, interior cleaned and vacuumed, a go over with Chemical Guys carnauba wax detailing spray, glass done, alloys done with meguiars metal polish.

No cotron buds were harmed in the preparation of this this vehicle :grin:

Luddite said:
Hard to beat a great day out in your Porsche, add to that winning a prize, what`s more to want Nic..? Nice pics too, the only thing missing is the sound of that fruity exhaust system (-:

911TEL re the less than perfect appearance of your Porsche after a possible journey to a concours.... My other favoured Marque had a big event in the USA and given nearly all the money in the car world seems to be spent in the US you can imagine the quality of the average attendees vehicles, then this old really ratty Morgan turned up and completely stole the show... it had high mileage as it had been well used for road trips all over the US and beyond by it`s owner, the old sports car garnered so much interest that the event organisers had it moved into the hotel foyer... As our American cousins say "Go figure".. :grin:

Ha Luddite,
nice story I was quite proud of it showing the 'Airflow lines' on her haunches... I wasn't going to get the waterless wash stuff out just to shine her up .....Sacrilege !!
I could have taken some water I guess but I am not that keen , just wanted to slaver over the cars....
I like her clean just like us all but I also like to see it as it should be used !
No award that day though , but there were some lovely shiny examples there that day ... ( not as nice as mine tho !)
T

The backdate is boydy`s latest project and its a cracker a 3.2 G50 base car its more green than grey think he said it was a 356 colour.Hugh`s 930 was also lovely.

Attachments

• 66042980_2516931001748286_4641104766288527360_n_341.jpg
    66042980_2516931001748286_4641104766288527360_n_341.jpg
    122.4 KB · Views: 2,898
  • 66413082_2516930908414962_7149122322895470592_n_587.jpg
    66413082_2516930908414962_7149122322895470592_n_587.jpg
    108.2 KB · Views: 2,898

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member