Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Hours recorders on ecu - updated

wilpert

Indianapolis
Ok,
I was looking at my new( 4.5 year old) red gts paintwork today in the sunlight.
There are hardly any stone chips on the bumper or the bonnet, almost like it's never seen a motorway. The rest of the paintwork is really clean and chip free, wheel arches are good etc. The average mileage has only been just about 2300 per year. So it could have been literally a runaround to the shops or school run car but anyway:

Ecu driven hours on the report tells me that it has covered 917 hours, which means average all in speed travelled is under 13 mph.
Now whilst I have good evidence from mots and service book that the mileage is correct. Could somebody realistically drive that slowly in a performance car like this?
Is there something that I'm missing here?

FWIW I looked under the car and there is minimal rust even on the exhaust and the tailpipes look really clean, it doesn't even look like it's covered the 11k miles that it has but 13mph average speed😳

If the car's lived in an Urban area and not much fast road coverage 13mph sounds right. I can't see it getting stone chips with low speeds.

Probably only used for its daily commute to the hair salon. :grin:

Sounds typical of a summer weekend 3rd car to me :thumb:

Yep, as the two previous posts suggest, urban driving will bring the average speed down to very low figures.
In fact, if a vehicle spends most of it's time in London then one can expect a single digit mph figure.
Google, it's all out there.

Didn't give too much thought to that but agree that must be true.
My daily driver rr sport old bus is showing average all in of 24 mph and around half of my journeys in that are faster roads and m11.

But for the next few days I'll be using little red gts for my dd👍

Update, there had been an error by the technician who did the test. He mistakenly gave mixed up the report on my car with another one he had done on the same day.
The ECU running hours were 430, I also had the rev report which showed no over revs above level 2 and that was 168 hours ago, those reports seem pretty comprehensive I must say.

Again, thanks to Harbour cars for looking further into it for me and although the technician who did the report made an error with the paperwork, as soon as I flagged up a query, it was sorted and everything fully explained.

It really is refreshing to know that my concerns were taken seriously, even though they were probaly trivial and a little bit of Porsche paranoia :D

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alanjf
Back