Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Sorry saga dealing with a well know shop

Bought the GT3 Reps from D911 knowing their customer service isn't usually up to much. One of the seats arrived with the Alcantara lining having lifted away from one of the bolsters. Called them up saying it would need to be swapped with another one.

They said they would need to see pics first, fair enough but this worried me as I knew they had ignored an email on an unrelated matter a few weeks before. When I mentioned this, the gruff sounding member of staff said it was simply impossible that they'd not reply to an email. So I forwarded on the auto-response I had received when I had emailed them before. No apologies, no explanation just received an email asking me to resend my original email.

Alas, they did however reply promptly to the pics of the seat and agreed that they would have DPD pick up the seat the very next day whilst dropping off another that they had personally checked to be fine. So I took the next day off work to be there to facilitate the swap, got to around 11am and I hadn't heard anything from DPD when I had done by this point with the initial delivery. Gave them a call, the lady I spoke to checked the system and said the item had not been shipped and it was due to leave that day. I explained I had taken the day off having been told the swap would happen on the current day.

Asked to be put through to her colleague that had been dealing with it all, he said there had been a mistake which was beyond his control. And that it would be sent out the next day. Wasn't impressed asked if I could come collect it, knowing how shocking the customer service had been thus far I asked to be assured in no uncertain terms that if I committed to the 100 mile round trip that the seat would still be there and of a suitable quality.

Set off, brought the defective seat back, picked up a new one which was indeed satisfactory in condition. Asked about some sort of compensation for the trouble of a day off, 100 mile trip etc.... not interested. I had also as part of the order bought a replacement key case, which turns out is only the buttons. Asked if I could swap it for an emblem for the key cases? They agreed, no mention of the fact he part I was returning cost more than the part I was to take away.

Then just to finish it off, they emailed me to write up a review on TrustPilot. Dealing with this outfit is painful, not sure I've ever known it any other way.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mwarren1
Back