Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Fettling bucket seat position

Hey Team,

Drove the Boxster for the first time since I put the bucket seats in, annoyingly when I 'heel toe' my right leg is now fouling the bottom of the steering wheel.

In terms of instant adjustment, I did a install the bucket so it's a touch reclined through the use of the dual mounting positions where the side mounts attach at the front. So I could in theory pop the bucket out and have it more upright using the other hole, this would buy me almost a cm perhaps.

Bit annoying, I like my seating position reclined. So I can give this a go though. The adjustment on the steering wheel is in and out and not up and down unfortunately.

So after that, this would leave mounting the seat lower in the car (to be honest I thought the bucket would be lower but it appears is isn't) or a smaller steering wheel. Is there an OEM wheel that's smaller which doesn't cost half of what I paid for the Boxster?

Any advice greatly appreciated.

Moving the seat to a more up right position even if it's just one slot on the front of the side mounts will give you 3 or 4 times the distance between the slots due to the pivot angle. Don't know what mounts you have but they tend to have multi options so just have a play till your happy.

Or there's an Italian chap that sells spacer bosses for the steering wheel, to bring it closer to your chest by 2".

I've got the D911 mounts, they have two slots, I went for more reclined. Will try the more upright. Hopefully that will fix it.

If not, how do these bosses work and how do I get them?

No joy in smaller steering wheels then?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bristolsparks
Back