Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Rear Spoiler Fault on my Panny

Jay Man

Monza
Hi,

I have a rear spoiler fault come up on the PCM and the spoiler will not go up and down with the button on the console.

Any ideas what it might be?

PS the previous owner had a similar problem and I have a copy invoice for (re calibrating the speed sensor), I'm assuming it could be the same problem. Does re-calibrating just mean re-setting the codes? if so I think I may by a machine to reset as they are only about £20.

Bump, does anyone have any suggestions on this? I have bought a code reader and reset machine and it hasn't identified any fault codes.

I'm afraid i have no info on these so nothing i can refer to .

My feeling is that's its an ongoing fault and the speed sensor might need replacing .

A recalibration of any item on a porsche simply means the car will drive the item to each extreme so it knows via the sensors ( potentiometers ) the start and end point of the items operation .. in other words full open and full closed .

A spoiler like anything has pivots .. these might need lubrication or on a visual check something might seem loose or broken .

A calibration is done via a tester .

deMort said:
I'm afraid i have no info on these so nothing i can refer to .

My feeling is that's its an ongoing fault and the speed sensor might need replacing .

A recalibration of any item on a porsche simply means the car will drive the item to each extreme so it knows via the sensors ( potentiometers ) the start and end point of the items operation .. in other words full open and full closed .

A spoiler like anything has pivots .. these might need lubrication or on a visual check something might seem loose or broken .

A calibration is done via a tester .

Thank you for this deMort, It sounds like if the speed sensor was the problem then it could be again. It might be something I have to suffer the main dealers for as most of the independents I know don't do much with Panameras.

Well .. some of us can fault find .. but some of us are nowhere near most forum members im afraid .

It's not a hard fault as such as its there all the time .. it should be just a case of looking at the values of the sensors and seeing which one is incorrect .. might even be a linkage jammed ..

I'm into guessing here as i normally have the car to work on and not just a description but i do my best .

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WilmslowSi
Back