Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

0740 - Torque Converter Lockup Clutch

noblebenn

Carrera 3.4 Tiptronic.

Cleared the code and will take it for another run soon but doesn't sound to good!

Anyone with experience of this and any suggestions on things to try before I drop the gearbox out?

Thanks

Mmmm! I had this couple of years after I bought my car, but there was no code shown in my case. I presume the activation is by a hydraulic actuator and in your case registering a fault. My problem, even though the symptoms of the TCC slippage is the same, must have been different.

Tried all the usual things like fluid / filter change, but to no avail. You might want to try that.

Had to get the box out and split it to repair. No problem since some 9 or 10 years later!!

If the car has not had a tip oil and filter change in years then do that first .. it's the cheapest first thing to do .

A low fluid lvl can trigger this fault .. so you look for leaks as well .

I've got a brand new unused and in the box TCC solenoid for an early 3.4 ZF tip box if you want to buy it ?

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drthein
Back