Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

2002 996 What exhaust silencers ?

robbo666

Hi all.
I need 2 silencers for my 2002 996.
I'm thinking Top gear sports silencers.
Has anyone had these as I'm concerned they may be too loud
I want something a little louder than standard but not too noisy.
I've read bad reviews about the danske and that's put me off them.
Any help with recommendations would be appreciated.
Cheers

I got myself ebay ones with valves for very nice price when open loud closed almost Porsche sound :lol:, perhaps TOP GEAR got better quality but the mine are not far away from it, also units are smaller and much lighter :thumbs:

I suggest you go for the TG mild sport as they're not too loud but louder than stock. Szymon's switchable system is also a great deal and has the noisy basterd button.

+1 Top Gear Mild Sport. 4,000 miles and quite happy with them. Just right for me with their 200 cell and Helmholtz delete. Not noisy and very little drone at 4,000 rpm steady-state.

Hi,thanks for the replies.
I dont want a switchable one,less to go wrong.
When I looked yesterday topgear mild ones were out of stock.
I'll call them to see where they are available.

For info
Standard Car + Chinese 3:1 ebay manifold + Standard Cats + Designtek supremacy exhaust + Standard exhaust tips = 110.5 Db (measured at 50cm @ 45 degrees).

I need an alternative exhaust to quieten it it down to run at Oulton Park in Sept. Anyone got any definitive Db measurements for topgear?

Guywilko said:
I need an alternative exhaust to quieten it it down to run at Oulton Park in Sept. Anyone got any definitive Db measurements for topgear?

I don't have specific measurements but my TopGear valved exhaust was 'close enough' in loud mode at Castle Combe last week with a 100dB limit. Still on all original components apart from the TogGear back boxes which went on to replace the PSE earlier this year.

...Topgear mild on mine...allow the flat six burble but not loud or droney...I have standard manifolds and cats...

I have top gear mild boxes on mine alongside the oem manifold and cats.

They measured less than 0.5 db under the stationary limit at Bedford last month. I don't recall what the actual reading or limit were though. Regardless, it didn't set off the driveby microphones.

I have switchable Top Gear silencers waiting to go on... don't forget there is a forum discount code. You should be able to find it with a forum search.

Anyone gone from a PSE to TG Mild Sports? How does the sound compare to PSE open?

I have PSE that are coming to the end of their life, would prefer to fit a non-switchable system for simplicity, and I only ever run my PSE 'open'.

Cheers

Maybe try to get a group buy for topgear mild exhaust .
Anyone thinking of getting one?

TurboRob said:
Anyone gone from a PSE to TG Mild Sports? How does the sound compare to PSE open?

I have PSE that are coming to the end of their life, would prefer to fit a non-switchable system for simplicity, and I only ever run my PSE 'open'.

Cheers

The mild sport are much quieter than open PSE.

Mild sport out of stock at the moment @top gear Dansk are available from carpart4less @ £574.52 inc fitting kit with code WEEKEND17 but like yourself not very keen on them after reading the forum here.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JLav211
Back