Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

992 Turbo

Tom992

Hey everyone.

Serious question, I have a 981 Boxster and looking to finally make the jump to a 911 (992).

I have saved 155K over the past 3 years. Is this enough for a well-specced turbo? Or am I better off getting a fully-loaded 992 4S?

A 992 Turbo would be quite special. With that budget you could pick up a 991.2 TURBO S and still have £30k in your pocket, with very similar levels of performance(assuming it's not 700bhp). Just a thought

Lovely position to be in!
As above go for 991 1/2 Turbo or S with spare cash in hand.
All the best 👍

Welcome and Well done :thumbs:

(as long as your real name is not Andrew Mearns :dont know: )

Buy the best that you can and the car that you want :thumb:

Wow, that's one hell of a jump and one hell of a first 911. :eek:

£155k should get you a well spec'd 992 Turbo when it comes out but you may be better to go for the 'S' with fewer extra options.

A fully loaded C4S would save you a lot of £££s but it won't be any like as special and will probably depreciate more.

Thank you all for your replies and 991.2 suggestion!

To be honest, I fell in love with the 992 and I prefer it over the 991.2, I think I will wait for the Turbo when it comes out next year.

Again, thanks guys. :thumb:

I was in a 991.2 Turbo S at the weekend, and it's a monster. That was very well specc'd and you would have needed more than £155k to buy that new. So, if you want a 992 Turbo S, rather than the Turbo, you may need to extend your budget.

With £155k in your pocket now, you could get into this:

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201906138977197

Then order a 992 when they are finally launched. Because I imagine the wait will be at least 6 months from ordering, and maybe more like 12. So, you could be 18 months away from a 992 Turbo.

i was asking my local OPC guy (just ordered a new Macan S for the boss) and he told me a good spec 992 Turbos S won't get much change out of 180k!!

There is a lovely red 991.2 Turbo S cabrio for sale at OPC Tonbridge.

£148k ..............

It's truly sad that decent cars for sale like that advert with such pitiful mileage on!

2k in 1 year!? Get a life car buyers, if you're going to buy it, drive it. If not, leave em for someone that would.

6appeal said:
It's truly sad that decent cars for sale like that advert with such pitiful mileage on!

2k in 1 year!? Get a life car buyers, if you're going to buy it, drive it. If not, leave em for someone that would.

I was looking at a GT3 earlier at OPC Sheffield with less than 500 miles on the clock. It's pretty depressing.

There should be a penalty clause in the purchase contract that details a minimum mileage per annum, and that if not met, it's put on a dyno whenever serviced and adds 20k miles each time 😉

There are many options with that budget. A 992 GTS might be an alternative if you can't reach a 992 Turbo. Or you could of course put down that amount as a deposit and pay the rest off.

6appeal said:

Get what you're saying but maybe the owners loaded and he has loads of flash cars, who knows....
I've done fek all mileage in mine this year due to work. And when I have had chance it's been pi$$ing down.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back