Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Is this a real GT3 RS?

No RS door pulls.

pzero said:
No RS door pulls.

Clocks show GT3. I don't know whether the RS would show as GT3RS. :dont know:

THE biggest difference is whether it's wide bodied or not and it's difficult to tell from those photos.

The asking price does seem nearer to standard GT3 but I wondered whether that was more to do with it being a LHD car.

I'll leave it to the experts from now on but at the end of the day if it's not an RS it's shocking mis-representation from the dealer.

pzero said:
No RS door pulls.
All the Gen 1 pics I've seen don't have the door pull. This car is confusing as you'd expect it to still be a £100k car as this is what they're pulling on the continent. Confusing as everytime I've seen that car I dismissed it as wrong description. Chassis number would confirm it.

Looks wide body in photos, and side skirts are correct for wide body. Clock showing GT3 is normal, I'd say original RS white was PTS on the 7.1 so very rare colour

Isn't the badge on the bonnet of an RS a sticker. That one looks like a raised badge.

Too good to be true is all that's stopped me buying it! Are the buckets right though????

Buckets look correct for 7.1
Door pulls correct for 7.1 only 7.2 had fabric pulls
Bonnet badge correct for 7.1 sticker on 996 RS

Car looks correct, it's a basic spec and left hand drive which I expect seller has priced for. Don't know the car personally but it all looks good in the pics

Looks correct to me, and if it all checks out then a good price.

The photo isn't that clear but it does look as though the PCCBs are pretty worn, especially considering the mileage.

Looks fine to me. Interior is difficult to judge as the original buyer could spec changes inside. I'd inspect the car in person as photos are not ideal especially the brake discs.

what does it say on the white sticker on the bonnet?

RS coding should be there. i think its 002 or 004

the rear window should be lexan which is a classic RS thing. reduced weight.

Gen 1s don't have the RS door pulls nor the sticker badge on bonnet.

suspension pick up points will be different on the RS to normal GT3 (i think!)

should have a fire extinguisher in the passenger seat too (mates has a black orange 7.1 RS)

if the discs are shot they will be rough to the touch and there should be a 50p sized dark shape on the discs which means they are worn and need changing.

It's a gen 1 RS.

Priced about right to sell a LHD in the UK. Put steels on and drive it..

Senoj said:
It's a gen 1 RS.

Priced about right to sell a LHD in the UK. Put steels on and drive it..

Leave the ceramics on and drive it! From the pics those are fine.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scratch
Back