Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

718 GT4 - no point

krishcanag

So I don't get this car at all.

It's 0.2 sec faster than the 981 GT4 and revs 1000 less.
So anyone ordering this must have money to burn.

For the same money you can buy a used 911 GTS!

Porsche report it to be at least 10 secs faster round the 'Ring than the old GT4, for what its worth. 7 min 30 puts it in some exhalted company.

It is the only way to buy a brand new Cayman with a normally aspirated flat 6. The only point that I can see to your question is why people buy new cars instead of used ones... :?:

Disco said:
It is the only way to buy a brand new Cayman with a normally aspirated flat 6. The only point that I can see to your question is why people buy new cars instead of used ones... :?:

Far from it..I was hoping to buy one...but looking at the numbers both performance and price what's the point if I owned a 981 GT4 hahahaha no thanks...since I own a 718 GTS it's either 911 GTS or cheaper option 981 GT4 and sacrifice performance for the sound track...even thou I have top up the money to buy one.

Boiling cars down to performance and price might be missing the point.

Will there be PTS colours on these? To my eye, the current colour selection is a little limited, I always loved the likes of voodoo blue, lava orange, carmine red (not PTS but still much nicer than guards)

:dont know:

I'm sure there will be PTS - however even if you get 'chosen' to place an order, it doesn't mean they will also let you have PTS. From what I found a few years ago, PTS is even more rationed out. :dont know:

The quickest car isn't always the best car. GT cars are all about the driving experience and sense of occasion.

benbuhagiar said:
The quickest car isn't always the best car. GT cars are all about the driving experience and sense of occasion.

agreed.

With few exceptions in recent times, when Porsche updates a model they tend to be better than ever. I'm sure that will be the case with the GT4. Take an existing exceptional car and improve on it.

I particularly like the new look front bumper- which is clearly building on the good looks of the 981 GTS
:thumbs:

Saw this today which I thought I'd share.
The Spyer looks pretty good :thumbs:

krishcanag said:
So I don't get this car at all.

It's 0.2 sec faster than the 981 GT4 and revs 1000 less.
So anyone ordering this must have money to burn.

For the same money you can buy a used 911 GTS!

Eh? Since when did the 3.8 litre (991 Carerra S engine) in the 981 GT4 rev to 9,000 rpm? Simple answer is that it didn't. 7,800 rpm and 380bhp was your lot.

The 718's 4.0 litre revs to 8,000 rpm and may actually be more special than the 981 engine as it's currently only being used in the GT4 and the Spyder. More power too ....

Best value new Porsche imo.

Every point in it. Especially for uk roads.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back