Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Ok straight to it. bought and now with shiny pics

wilpert

I saw this ad today, called up and the car looks very good.
Except it's had 5 owners. It seems the Porsche dealer was number 1 as it is well specced and most likely an ex demo.

I'm close to being happy with the deal I can get as a px. Ie cost to change seems reasonable.

Please say what you think. I can take it.

https://www.harbourcars.com/used-car-details/Porsche-Boxster-U1920/

That seems about as good as a Boxster can get - although I'm not a fan of those wheels, even on the 991 Turbo they were standard kit on.

5 keepers on the V5 in 5 years isn't great news but shouldn't be a show stopper especially if you're planning to keep it a while.

Nice colour :thumbs:

Good Luck

Wouldn't bother me... the main thing is it looks awesome! 8)

It would be a weekend and occasional use car so I'm thinking go large with the colour.

Yep that came up a few days after mine went on sale. Very similar spec but without the PPF mine had. I love the colour, that and white are my favs on a GTS but in my experience the wheels are a bit marmite. Some love them, personally I don't and it did put me off buying w a few with them fitted when I was looking.

All in all a good price from what I understand is one of the better Porsche dealers, certainly worth a good look :thumb:

Price is right, mileage is low, colours right, enough said!

jonttt said:
Yep that came up a few days after mine went on sale. Very similar spec but without the PPF mine had. I love the colour, that and white are my favs on a GTS but in my experience the wheels are a bit marmite. Some love them, personally I don't and it did put me off buying w a few with them fitted when I was looking.

All in all a good price from what I understand is one of the better Porsche dealers, certainly worth a good look :thumb:

They said they apply the Williams coating which I understood was ppf
Re the wheels I have them now on my black car and I like them I'm thinking I could exchange them down the line if I decided to. Plenty of people want those and as they are 20s they are in demand.

The red looks very nice against the black gloss imho.
I drove a non PASM version of a gts yesterday and the ride felt harder than my present car a nom PASM s should this be the case, it felt a bit too firm for me.

So that leaves me just one dilemma, 5 owners, should it be a dealbreaker if the price is right?

The Williams coating is just a ceramic sealant, not PPF.

Magic919 said:

Doh, stupid me, I should know that I had that film on my cayman s, mine was only a part covering like a car bra.
Did yours have a complete ppf or just partial, I didn't like that it only came half way up the bonnet?

I agree with others -- if you plan to keep it for a while, and if it has been very well maintained / lots of receipts, then 5 owners wouldn't be an issue for me.

Good luck !!

wilpert said:
Magic919 said:

Doh, stupid me, I should know that I had that film on my cayman s, mine was only a part covering like a car bra.
Did yours have a complete ppf or just partial, I didn't like that it only came half way up the bonnet?

Mine had PPF to the front half ie bumper, bonnet, front wings, wing mirrors. It was a bonus as even the dealer did not realise it had it one when I viewed the car in their showroom :grin: First car I've ever had with PPF and I was very impressed with it, you could literally not tell.

Ps get the red one and smile :thumb:

wilpert said:
jonttt said:

They said they apply the Williams coating which I understood was ppf
Re the wheels I have them now on my black car and I like them I'm thinking I could exchange them down the line if I decided to. Plenty of people want those and as they are 20s they are in demand.

The red looks very nice against the black gloss imho.
I drove a non PASM version of a gts yesterday and the ride felt harder than my present car a nom PASM s should this be the case, it felt a bit too firm for me.

So that leaves me just one dilemma, 5 owners, should it be a dealbreaker if the price is right?

Just a few thoughts from my own experience of 3 years with a PDK / PASM GTS:-

EVO magazine wrote that the ideal spec GTS was X73 (ie non-PASM, lowered sport chassis) and manual. Setting aside the PDK vs manual debate, ultimately i had to agree with them; and it was one of the reasons I sold the car.

I never really got on with PASM - on either setting, it was as though the tuning was just a bit out. Particularly at high speed, to my sense it was too floaty and disconnected from the road. Not terrible, but not nearly as good as PASM in say a 991.1 or 2.

Whereas X73 feels like they had one shot at setting up the suspension and absolutely hit the bulls eye. Really feels pinned down at speed and I don't find it too harsh on crappy roads. The Boxster is blessed with a very stiff bodyshell, so can absolutely cope with the stiffer springs and lower stance.

And one other thing. The drone that some folk report. It comes from the what I can only assume is an extra resonance unit in the intake system - aka the Sound Symposer. If you press on and keep thje revs high then for sure it disappears and all you hear is that glorious engine. However, at low revs / just doing some miles, it really started to get to me. I always wondered if the offending bit of plumbing could be blanked off or removed!

Back to the non-PASM car you spotted - that is I think a very rare option to find on a 981. PTV is a nice to have as well, BTW, as it was cheap when new, but would cost the earth to retrofit even if it were possible. The sales guys at the OPC told me not to bother, but the drtivers at PEC Silverstone were fans...

Good luck with your buy

I have those wheels on my 981....

Mrs L likes them

I am a bit more.... well - I would rather something with a few less spokes that is easier to clean....

Harbour Cars have a good rep too - and it is cheaper than that white one for sale in Bolton....

:floor:

:hand: the Bolton car had an infamous former owner :grin:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back