Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

GT3 Spoiler to Standard Spoiler - Need activation help.

Satch

Spa-Francorchamps
Hi all. Hoping to call upon your expertise.

I have a 997.1 Carrera 4s (2006) which has the GT3 kit (including Rear spoiler from factory)

I have bought a 2nd hand rear deck lid and fitted it to the car to give it a more classic 911 look.

I knew that once the rear deck lid was fitted (which it is now) that I would need to activate the rear spoiler. I have Bought the Foxwell NT520 kit which is supposed to do activation on this car and spoiler.

According to the Foxwell NT520 kit, the spoiler is now activated (after a series of button pressing)

However the spoiler does not work at all. A few facts and tests I have done along the way.

1. The fuse is OK
2. When pressing the spoiler button (in cabin) it does not light up and the spoiler does not raise.
3. When looking at the live data for the rear spoiler button, the tool recognises that the button is being pressed.
4. when doing a component test for the button with the NT520, it lights up the spoiler button light, but the spoiler does not raise.

So I am wondering if anybody else has done this, and is there something else i am missing that needs to be installed or checked before the spoiler will work?

Could it be that the tool is just junk, and not actually activating anything (even though I get a message to say it is activated)

I know the PIWIS/Durametric is supposed to be able to do this function, but does the china clone kit do it or not?

Any help is welcome. Thanks.

Satch.

Satch said:
Hi all. Hoping to call upon your expertise.

I have a 997.1 Carrera 4s (2006) which has the GT3 kit (including Rear spoiler from factory)

I have bought a 2nd hand rear deck lid and fitted it to the car to give it a more classic 911 look.

I knew that once the rear deck lid was fitted (which it is now) that I would need to activate the rear spoiler. I have Bought the Foxwell NT520 kit which is supposed to do activation on this car and spoiler.

According to the Foxwell NT520 kit, the spoiler is now activated (after a series of button pressing)

However the spoiler does not work at all. A few facts and tests I have done along the way.

1. The fuse is OK
2. When pressing the spoiler button (in cabin) it does not light up and the spoiler does not raise.
3. When looking at the live data for the rear spoiler button, the tool recognises that the button is being pressed.
4. when doing a component test for the button with the NT520, it lights up the spoiler button light, but the spoiler does not raise.

So I am wondering if anybody else has done this, and is there something else i am missing that needs to be installed or checked before the spoiler will work?

Could it be that the tool is just junk, and not actually activating anything (even though I get a message to say it is activated)

I know the PIWIS/Durametric is supposed to be able to do this function, but does the china clone kit do it or not?

Any help is welcome. Thanks.

Satch.

I'm usually the dangerous one with the tools so I'm sure there will be more confident people along to advise, but have you checked the motor which raises the spoiler? Is there current going to it? Can you pass voltage through it to activate it?

Hi mate, the Foxconn unit is probably the best OBD scanner tool in its price baracket and is yet to fail me on a number of items I've used it for on my gen 2. I had an issue where the car display was showing drl lights activated, but they weren't actually on. I had to turn them off as an option on the Foxconn and back on again several times before they activated and have worked flawlessly since. I'd suggest giving it a few goes and seeing if it resolves the problem. Other than that PIWIS or Durametric.
Good luck!

Hi, I used a foxwell 520p to do the opposite and it worked first time to deactivate the spoiler. I had to go through a few menus to deactivate it. I removed the spoiler and before coding I had the warning beeps and message above 70! Not sure if this is the same unit you are taking about

Another thought, the wireing loom is different for fixed spoiler and standard spoiler. I assume you new deck lid came with the correct loom? Not sure of the actual difference but worth a check

I too have used the Foxwell 520 to de-activate the spoiler lift after installing a fixed ducktail. And it should work the other way. I'm also wondering whether you have the correct wiring loom.

Thanks for your input everybody.

The 2nd hand flat lid came with everything included, so the correct loom is already installed into the boot lid, so all i really needed to do was plug it into the engine bay port.

Sadly I have not yet found a fix for this.

I will be testing the motor inside the boot lid today hopefully to rule that in or out.

Does anybody know if the Durametric (not pro version) is able to activate the spoiler?

Also, does it look to you like this motor has had water damage or do they all look like this?

Thanks.

Attachments

• image1_119.jpeg
    image1_119.jpeg
    133.7 KB · Views: 1,195
  • image2_147.jpeg
    image2_147.jpeg
    124.9 KB · Views: 1,195
  • image3_110.jpeg
    image3_110.jpeg
    104.8 KB · Views: 1,195

Forum statistics