Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Quick cteck question

iceboy

Nurburgring
Hi All,

The Turbo S has been on the charger for over a month, while I'm working away.

Is there any harm with it being on charge for this long?

Should I get Mrs Ice to switch it off?

Iceboy

Mines connected to the CTEK 100% of the time when not in use , which includes 4-5 months continuously in the winter and the battery is still the same one it came with over 9 years ago. Seeing as I've never had a battery last this long before I think it is actually better for it!

From their website...

CTEK's smart chargers move into a pulse maintenance mode once the battery is fully charged. Rather than sending in a charge and estimating what the battery needs, a CTEK charger will stay in constant communication with the battery, reacting and charging only when it is needed.

In pulse maintenance mode, the battery will be allowed to naturally self discharge to a certain level before being fully charged once again. Not only does this avoid the risk of overcharging but, as the battery is being exercised as it would be during normal use, the lifespan of the battery is extended considerably.

It's as much a battery conditioner as charger. The ctek when left on for long periods of time should actually keep your battery in good health

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ccosh
Back