Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

OZ Alleggerita - Where to Buy

is1

Hi

I'm looking at buying a set of OZ Alleggerita shortly for my 1998 996 Carrera 2. I'd like the following specs:

F: 8 x 18, ET50
R: 10 x 18, ET65

Any suggestions on where I can buy these? Design 911 seems to be the obvious choice but they don't show the above combination on their site.

Also, the OZ Official GB site doesn't even list 10 x 18 with ET65 (only ET40).
Any suggestions welcome.

Thanks

Ask D911 for a custom order. The chances are that these are made to order in any event (size, colour, offset).

It'd seem they don't make them in Titanium Tech anymore 👎

Y2K said:
It'd seem they don't make them in Titanium Tech anymore 👎

I want them in Star Silver as once the initial lustre wears off, they'll be a nice light grey, which I think would work with Guards Red for mine.

They still do Matt Graphite, which is a darker grey option.

I have to say, I'm a fan of light wheels (from experience from my Integra/RS Clio days) but the weight saving on these Alleggeritas is incredible - around 5KG per corner at the rear compared to Sport Designs.

I worked out that the total weight saving is circa 16KG (maybe more with lighter tyres, I'm currently on Cup 2s) and apparently, since it's unsprung weight and rotational mass, you can multiply that by 4, which gives the equivalent of a weight saving of around 65KGs.

^^^^ +1

Do post pictures please once you have them fitted.

I'd like a set eventually but unsure of which colour for my Guards Red.

Ive had a set on mine before and yes you noticed the weight saving but in all honesty it didn't change the car that much. Certainly not a night and day difference and I drive a lot of bumpy A / B roads.

They are lovely wheels and yes there is a benefit to using them but don't expect a massive difference. The Panamera wheels I have at the moment are not far off but they only come in 9in rear however if your using 265 tyres they sit nice and square.

www.oponeo.co.uk also sell them and were the cheapest when I looked last year

Thanks everyone for the replies.
Interesting to hear of other people's experiences.

I'll probably get on the phone to D-911 and see the best they can do for me on them, hopefully with a bit of forum discount!

Got my OZ's from rimstyle, would happily recommend them. My gold OZs were a special order but it was all handled quite quickly and without drama

Is that what I paid? I know gold was extra but must have forgot how much. They're very pretty though lol. It's just the market, everyone wants silver / black these days so it seems not much stock is kept of other colours (or at least wasn't when I was looking couple of years back). It's like any customisation, you pay extra for anything a bit more special, then the price drops when it becomes commonplace, supply and demand

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GT3161
Back