Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

996 C4S ZUNSPORT Fitting

mattomg

Silverstone
I've just received my full set of front Zunsport grills (with my 20% discount - code available by PM)

Looking at the fitment video it seems the LH & RH gills one needs to butcher the stock vents with pliers & brute force to fit the grills. The centre aperture also has what I believe is a stock mesh suggesting the Zunsports centre is there for aesthetics. Again to remove it looks like I need to attack it with cutters & whatnot to remove

Is this the case ? I'd rather not

Matt

I watched the video, wow that is brutal :eek:

I`d be inclined to take the PU/bumper off and removed the existing slats from behind, rather than destroy them as in the video.
But if you are going to do that you may as well make your own mesh grilles to fit behind the PU and save 95% of the cost of Zunsport grilles !

I thought they just popped in from the front without any modifications required !

i thought was me. i'll talk to them on Monday & see what they say. My indie would do it, I'm in for new discs, pads, sensors, A/C, rear boxes, low temp thermo so i bung it on the list !

later

I took the PU off to fit mine, the original grills then just unclip. With the PU off you will see the aluminium reinforcement bar, originally i didn't paint the ends of mine after refitting the PU they were clearly visible through the Zunsports.

After a while my OCD got the better of me and ended up removing the PU again and painting the ends of the bar.

Couple of pics in link showing the difference.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/zebzjlsh4i9pj8g/AACsnu58TnlDLNmM_Q3G7k7ca?dl=0

sorry for being dim, what is a PU and did the zunsports fit with the original vents

mattomg said:
sorry for being dim, what is a PU ......

PU = Porschespeak for front bumper :thumb:

Ahhh I was going to say that !

So I see with the bumper off you can take the vents of from the rear but then then become surplus ? I also noted the center Porsche grill is quite like yhe Zunsports pattern insofar they look like they will stop an ingress,but would not match the lh & rh grills

Gribbo said:
I took the PU off to fit mine, the original grills then just unclip. With the PU off you will see the aluminium reinforcement bar, originally i didn't paint the ends of mine after refitting the PU they were clearly visible through the Zunsports.

After a while my OCD got the better of me and ended up removing the PU again and painting the ends of the bar.

Couple of pics in link showing the difference.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/zebzjlsh4i9pj8g/AACsnu58TnlDLNmM_Q3G7k7ca?dl=0

:eek: and :eek: what a picture WOW..... :thumb:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drthein
Back