Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Nav map pops up

Blacknavigator

Hello all,
Is there a reason for the nav map to pop up into the instruments cluster (on the 992)without being called via the steering wheel rotary switch?
Thanks
V.

Are you using the map and have the zoom function turned on ?

911UK said:
Are you using the map and have the zoom function turned on ?

Thanks for the reply,

No, I'm using Waze on CarPlay and yes, the zoom function is turned on.

(I'm gonna switch of the auto zoom and see what happens).

I'll get you in the loop, thanks,

V

I noticed mine doing this recently and I think it is when you have a route plumbed in and there is a turn coming up. Mine seems to coincide with a turn direction and presumably it does it to wake you up if you dont have it selected in the instrument cluster already.

Update:

I have deselected the auto zoom and the 'info" selection and it stoped poping up!

I left the car at the airport and when I return, I will re-select that 'info" selection to see if it pops up again, on my way back home.

Blacknavigator said:
Update:

I have deselected the auto zoom and the 'info" selection and it stoped poping up!

I left the car at the airport and when I return, I will re-select that 'info" selection to see if it pops up again, on my way back home.

Its the INFO selection via the steering wheel on the dashboard nav feature, that makes it pop up!

Regards,
V

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stinkyspanner
Back