Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

997 Spacers - So many options

Aphill80

Silverstone
Hi all,

I have a thread running i.e lowering springs, I have decided to go with the H&R kit and they are being fitted next week.

I understand spacers, 7mm front 15mm rear and hub-centric but there are so many brands! and kits but no one sells a kit in different front and rear fitment

so can someone just cut through all the options? I have gone and confused myself now.

- Where is the best place to get?
- What size bolts do i need
- Ideally i still want locking wheel nuts
- Spacers can be Black or silver..
- BUT the bolts need to be black as i have black wheels...

Some help would be great..

Andy

Hi Andy,

H&R do great magnesium alloy spacer kits for both front & rears separately, depending on what you want. it would make sense if you used them, they are also very light being magnesium alloy. If you new longer studs are recommended the kits come with them as standard, so no worries there. With the correct studs it wouldn't matter what colour as they would be hidden by your existing wheelnuts anyway. You may need to source if you want the studs exposed beyond the nuts (racing style) but you would then have problems with security for your wheels, there are plenty of people with light fingers around.

I have H&R 7mm on the front of my 964 and 18mm on the rear.

You can order direct online or I bought mine from Simon at JZM (Parts Dept.) who could give you some advice.

Cheers,
Paul

Andy , whenever I need any bolts etc I call these guys , tell them your alloy and spacer size they seem to know Porsches well so always send me the right things , they should also do the longer security bolts as well

https://projexuk.com

anything above 5mm you are going to need longer bolts of course. you need 5 full turns of the bolt to be sure.

anything over 10mm I would be looking to go hubcentric so you bolt the spacers to the hub and then the wheels to the spacers on the hub using OEM bolts and locker.

I do that for my winter wheels with 15mm all round.

sth like this on fleabay is ideal:
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/5x130-CB...rentrq:6bab295d16b0aad37a9432f8ffcdfdca|iid:1

paul284pt said:
Hi Andy,

H&R do great magnesium alloy spacer kits for both front & rears separately, depending on what you want. it would make sense if you used them, they are also very light being magnesium alloy. If you new longer studs are recommended the kits come with them as standard, so no worries there. With the correct studs it wouldn't matter what colour as they would be hidden by your existing wheelnuts anyway. You may need to source if you want the studs exposed beyond the nuts (racing style) but you would then have problems with security for your wheels, there are plenty of people with light fingers around.

I have H&R 7mm on the front of my 964 and 18mm on the rear.

You can order direct online or I bought mine from Simon at JZM (Parts Dept.) who could give you some advice.

Cheers,
Paul

thanks Paul, it seems the H&R ones for the 7mm and 15mm sizes on a 997 need longer bolts,

bolts i can get in new lengths from Design-911 but longer locking nuts is proving harder

A

I'm running a stud conversion (wit Porsche Motorsport parts) which makes adding and removing rims and spacers about 200x easier than fooling around with bolts. Just a thought.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lb456
Back