Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Top Gear: Series 27 - Episode 1: Sun 16 Jun 8pm

I'm probably in a minority but I've never watched top gear since Jezza and co left. Mainly cause I couldn't stand Evans, or the yank, not sure who the other bloke even was but likewise.
Anyway with Chris Harris remaining joined by Paddy McGuinness and Freddie Flintoff, personally (again I dare say in a minority) :grin: this could be a real winner :thumb:

pnc locations near me

It'll be poo with that joker on the team.

I'm not sure what Paddy will be bringing to the party but a lot of people will be surprised at how good a driver FF is.

There's very few motoring programmes on terrestrial TV so I'll definitely be giving it a shot.

Alex said:
It'll be poo with that joker on the team.

I like Paddy, anyone from Pheonix nights can do no wrong :thumb:

This is the future of TG now with changing hosts every couple of years, otherwise without the biannual reboot, they'd have to can it. It brings in too much revenue to can so the ball rolls on, which tbh I do t mind. I just treat it as a different program to the Jezz clan show.

I like Chris Harris, loved his videos when he was doing his own, but I don't like his edits on TG.

Viewed as an entertainment show, Top Gear is fun, but I wish they'd do another show as well (featuring Chris Harris and others who know how to drive and present) which is actually for petrolheads, like an actual motoring magazine show.

Why has everything got to have a 'light entertainment' bent and have bad jokes crowbarred in every five minutes? I've just watched an hour of Harry Metcalfe running around Italy following the 1000 Miglia on YouTube. And he's as dry as a nun's flange, but I can tell how passionate he is about the cars. And that's what I want. I don't want two idiots who are mildly amusing at the best of times, and Chris Harris, who, away from TG is great. But on BBC2 on a Sunday night, he turns into a bit of a berk.

Chris Harris can certainly pedal a Porsche better then most, his You Tube videos are very good but as others have said he tries to be funny on T/G and it doesn't really work.

Paddy is a funny guy but don't know if it will work in this programme but I hope I'm wrong.

Bring back Max & Paddy :thumbs:

The audience reaction has apparently been good so I'm looking forward to it.

Father's Day too! :thumb:

It'll be more Laurel & Hardy (or is that The Three Stooges) than a car show :roll:

Getting paid to doss about in cars around the world can't be bad. Plus somebody needed to tell FF to get his RR Dawn MOT'd rather than swan about in Alderley Edge with the roof down :nooo:

Apart from Chris Harris it looks like a joke!

Zingari said:
It'll be more Laurel & Hardy (or is that The Three Stooges) than a car show :roll:

Getting paid to doss about in cars around the world can't be bad. Plus somebody needed to tell FF to get his RR Dawn MOT'd rather than swan about in Alderley Edge with the roof down :nooo:
I've not seen him....well knowingly anyway. :?:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ccosh
Back