Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

New to me 996 turbo

jboy

Silverstone
This morning, Daniel from Elmstone Classics drove up to my house and I handed him the keys to my c2 (and some cash) and I am now the owner of a silver turbo. Although I was happy to rely on the PPI I had received, he encouraged me to drive the car for a few miles. There is only so much fun you can have on 30mph / 40mph roads and I played nicely with a car that wasnt at that point mine - but wow, it was instant love. That's father's day spoken for (weather pemitting)!

There are no doubt some mixed feelings, the c2 was my first Porsche and in itself was something I had coveted for so long. I didnt expect to be in a position to change it for a turbo after only 2 years and I do feel a bit "greedy" because let's face it most people would just be happy with a 911. Given all of the **** that is going on in the world, are my priorities all wrong? Who really knows - but at least I managed to stop myself from spending £50k plus on a 997 turbo and my car cost considerably less than a new BMW 320d and so objectively speaking, I havent exactly gone nuts!

If the c2 was not most likely already spoken for I would have pointed interested parties in the right direction, because it was a lovely car with a sound engine.

As it is, Elmstone have a very nice looking 997.2 convertible on their website which looks keenly priced and which I was also quite interested in - based on my experiences with Daniel so far, if anyone is looking for one then I would definitely check that out as he comes across as a really nice, fair, knowledgeable guy with an interesting background and definite passion for Porsches and motorsport.

Pic of the new car below! I know, it's just a silver 996 turbo. It looks like thousands of other cars. It does look nice on my driveway though...

Here it is:

PS - yes, I know the spoiler is usually resting when the car is parked. Dont worry, I have been through all of that....!

Attachments

• file_73_127.jpeg
    file_73_127.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 2,709
Looks brand new congratulations

Superb :thumb: you can't go back to na now, you'll be hooked every time you hit the boost :worship:

:thumbs:

Glad it all worked out for you - lovely car

:welcome: to the turbo club. :thumb:

Thanks all.

I hope to make it to another Badgers' Mount meet soon T8 (I came a couple of times, but not recently), my wife is practically insisting on it as apparently I need to discuss my Porsche with someone who gives a damn, which it would seem is not her!

jboy said:
I hope to make it to another Badgers' Mount meet soon T8 (I came a couple of times, but not recently)

Looking back your first time was 2 years ago this week. I was going to book one for this Sunday but (a) it's Fathers Day and (b) it clashes with LeMans which means several of the regulars won't be able to make it.

We've got a meeting at Precision Porsche on the 29th though.

See --> http://911uk.com/viewtopic.php?t=133754&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=

Great looking turbo you have there, welcome to the club! Seven years in with my beauty, still love it every bit as much as the day I picked it up from the excellent RSJ Sports Cars.

If yours rewards you as much as mine has me, you will be inseparable.

Ps, my wife thinks exactly the same as yours, - it's a woman thing.... :nooo:

That looks superb, how long before the modifications start???
MC

As stated above, what a stunning car! Enjoy it :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stulees65
Back