Welcome to 911UK
The only place for Porsche, 911uk is the definitive enthusiast and resource site for the Porsche 911.
Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so join up today for full access to the site and benefit from latest member offers.

Porsche Classifieds
Sell Your Porsche on 911uk
Create a Free Classified Advert
Search Ads
Classified Adverts FAQ
Trade Classified Information
Buyer & Seller Fraud Protection
Consumer Rights Act
Pre Purchase Inspection (PPI)
Porsche Car Sourcing
Porsche Cars Wanted
Official Porsche Centre Reviews
Model
Stock
Porsche 911
992 : 2019- 0
991 : 2011- 24
997 : 2004- 56
996 : 1997-2005 30
993 : 1993-1998 2
964 : 1989-1993 0
Carrera 3.2 : 1983-1989 2
Carrera SC : 1977-1983 3
930 Turbo : 1975-1989 1
Early 911 : 1964-1977 1
Porsche Other Models
Classic : 1950-1965 0
Boxster : 1997- 24
Cayman : 2005- 22
Cayenne : 2003- 7
Macan : 2014- 5
Panamera : 2009- 0
912-914-924-928-944-968 0
959 - CarreraGT - RaceCar 0
Car Parts For Sale & Wanted
Other Items For Sale & Wanted
Wheels Tyres For Sale & Wanted
Number Plates For Sale Wanted

Porsche Services
Porsche Body Shop Repair
Paint Protection & Wrapping
Porsche Classic Insurance
Porsche Classic Parts
Porsche Classic Restoration
Porsche Design Collection
Porsche Engine Gearbox Rebuild
Porsche Heritage & History
Porsche News
Porsche Picture Gallery
Win a New Porsche 911

Porsche Parts
Body Parts, Body Styling
Brakes, Clearance
Electrical, Exhausts
Engine Cooling, Engine Electrical
Engine Rebuild, Heating Cooling
Interior Incar, Lighting
Rubber Seals, Service Parts
Steering, Suspension
Transmission, Workshop Tools
Early 911, 911 - 930, 928 - 968
964 - 993, 996 - 997, Boxster
Cayman, Cayenne, Panamera

Porsche Model Range
911 [992] 2018-Current
Porsche 911 [992]
911 [991] 2011-2019
Porsche 911 [991]
911 [997] 2004-2012
Porsche 911 [997]
911 [GT] GT1-GT2-GT3
Porsche 911 [GT]
911 [996] 1997-2005
Porsche 911 [996]
911 [993] 1993-1998
Porsche 911 [993]
911 [RS] RS-RSR
Porsche 911 [RS]
911 [964] 1989-1993
Porsche 911 [964]
911 3.2 1983-1989
Porsche 911 3.2 Carrera
911 SC 1977-1983
Porsche 911 SC
911 [Early] 1964-1977
Porsche 911 [Early]
Boxster & Cayman
Porsche Boxster & Cayman
Cayenne & Panamera
Porsche Cayenne & Panamera

911uk Site Partners

991.2GTS
Montreal

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2019 1:40 pm    Post subject: PPI - Anyone tried porscheinspections.com? Reply with quote

I'm looking at a car at 911virgin.com and suggested RPM Technik for the PPI, but they said they wouldn't want them to do it as they are a competitor.

They have suggested Porsche Torque, Jaz Porsche or porscheinspections.com

Does anyone have any experience with any of those, or any feedback.

Thanks.

kas750
Shanghai

2006 Porsche 911

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2019 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally I wouldn’t bother.
911Virgin cars are the best of the best and they will stick to them like glue if anything goes wrong and in any case two of those that you mention contract to 911Virgin.

991.2GTS
Montreal

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2019 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kas750 wrote:
Personally I wouldn’t bother.
911Virgin cars are the best of the best and they will stick to them like glue if anything goes wrong and in any case two of those that you mention contract to 911Virgin.

Thanks for the feedback. From the reading I've done, they certainly do have a great reputation.

I'm still a bit wary though. That's not a reflection on 911virgin, more a reflection of the some of the horror stories I've read about other dealers.

pzero
General
General

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2019 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Porsche Torque and JAZ Porsche are solid, no worries with those two.
But as above, 911Virgin are a class act and will look after you.
Personally I wouldn't bother with a PPI if buying from them but it's obviously a personal choice.
I bought my current steed, 991.1 GTS, from them over a year ago and as I had previous experience of them I bought it over the phone, unseen save for the web pictures.

Enjoy. Thumb

991.2GTS
Montreal

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2019 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pzero wrote:
Porsche Torque and JAZ Porsche are solid, no worries with those two.
But as above, 911Virgin are a class act and will look after you.
Personally I wouldn't bother with a PPI if buying from them but it's obviously a personal choice.
I bought my current steed, 991.1 GTS, from them over a year ago and as I had previous experience of them I bought it over the phone, unseen save for the web pictures.

Enjoy. Thumb

Thanks. I'm going to see the car tomorrow. Thumb

Counter Of Beans
Nürburgring

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2019 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used porscheinspections.com when I bought my 993 back in August. They were excellent, very professional and thorough. You get a 30+ page report, and a HPI check. The inspector (Bob, I think) was very knowledgeable and for £400 I thought it was money well spent.
That was, however, a private purchase. I would save my money if using 911Virgin; their reputation is second to none.

StuK23

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2019 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used porscheinspections.com to undertake a PPI check on a 997 at RSJ. Like 911Virgin, RSJ have a great reputation and stand behind a very strong warranty.

The general advice was that I didn’t need to have the PPI done because of who I was buying from. That’s probably right, so why did I have it done?

I asked Joel at RSJ if he was happy to have Porsche Inspections do a PPI check on the car before I bought it, he said that he was happy to do so, he’s worked with them before and added that whilst I should feel confident with their warranty and that it clearly wouldn’t be good business for RSJ’s business to sell a lemon, he understood that I might want the additional assurance as this was my first venture into 911 ownership.

From my perspective, I didn’t want to have to rely on the warranty if anything went wrong and would rather have most issues pre-empted through a thorough PPI check.

So I had the PPI check done by Bob at Porsche Inspections earlier this week. He called me after he had finished the checks and confirmed that the car was a very good car, RSJ were a great dealership to buy from and their warranty was very good. There were a few issues that he picked up on (coolant hoses, a/c condenser, RMS and some exhaust fixings). The call was followed up within a few hours with a comprehensive written report (27 pages). I discussed the findings with Joel at RSJ, who agreed to put all of these issues right before handing the car over to me. Joel said that all of these issues would have been rectified by them before handing the car over anyway, but such a comprehensive report gave me absolute comfort that I would be collecting a car in perfect condition, even though it is 12 years old - this was the real value of the PPI check for me.

I can’t vouch for 911 Virgin, but I’ve only read good things about them.

However, from first hand experience I can thoroughly recommend both Porsche Inspections and RSJ.

I pick up my car this Thursday and can’t wait!

Maxthedane
Trainee

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2019 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I too used porscheinspections - very thorough. Picked up a few issues to be rectified. It also means I have a very comprehensive report to pass on when I come to sell the car (although it’s usefulness will decline the longer I keep the car).

FZP
Estoril

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2019 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes yes, but what are you viewing??????? Question

pzero
General
General

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2019 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

StuK23 wrote:
I used porscheinspections.com to undertake a PPI check on a 997 at RSJ. Like 911Virgin, RSJ have a great reputation and stand behind a very strong warranty.

The general advice was that I didn’t need to have the PPI done because of who I was buying from. That’s probably right, so why did I have it done?

I asked Joel at RSJ if he was happy to have Porsche Inspections do a PPI check on the car before I bought it, he said that he was happy to do so, he’s worked with them before and added that whilst I should feel confident with their warranty and that it clearly wouldn’t be good business for RSJ’s business to sell a lemon, he understood that I might want the additional assurance as this was my first venture into 911 ownership.

From my perspective, I didn’t want to have to rely on the warranty if anything went wrong and would rather have most issues pre-empted through a thorough PPI check.

So I had the PPI check done by Bob at Porsche Inspections earlier this week. He called me after he had finished the checks and confirmed that the car was a very good car, RSJ were a great dealership to buy from and their warranty was very good. There were a few issues that he picked up on (coolant hoses, a/c condenser, RMS and some exhaust fixings). The call was followed up within a few hours with a comprehensive written report (27 pages). I discussed the findings with Joel at RSJ, who agreed to put all of these issues right before handing the car over to me. Joel said that all of these issues would have been rectified by them before handing the car over anyway, but such a comprehensive report gave me absolute comfort that I would be collecting a car in perfect condition, even though it is 12 years old - this was the real value of the PPI check for me.

I can’t vouch for 911 Virgin, but I’ve only read good things about them.

However, from first hand experience I can thoroughly recommend both Porsche Inspections and RSJ.

I pick up my car this Thursday and can’t wait!

Welcome to 911uk and congrats on your purchase.
It's customary round these parts to post up a pic or two of any new Stuttgart machinery.
Looking forward to seeing them in the Newbie section thumbsup

StuK23

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2019 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="pzero"]
StuK23 wrote:

Welcome to 911uk and congrats on your purchase.
It's customary round these parts to post up a pic or two of any new Stuttgart machinery.
Looking forward to seeing them in the Newbie section thumbsup

Noted - will put pics on after I’ve picked it up on Thursday

deMort
Dijon

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2019 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://911uk.com/viewtopic.php?t=136474

PPI not needed imho .

Thank you all so Very much .

She's not going until july 2020 though .

Mechanic

7pm - 9pm

Indy Mechanic .

991.2GTS
Montreal

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2019 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FZP wrote:

Very Happy

Well, I was going to view a 993 C4S. It’s a lovely car, and I’m sure I’d have taken the plunge if I hadn’t seen something else.

I’m not going to say what, as the deal isn’t quite over the line, but I’ll come clean early next week, when I’ve shook hands on a deal. To give you a massive clue, it redlines at 9k and doesn’t have a wing....... Question

FZP
Estoril

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2019 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

991.2GTS wrote:
FZP wrote:

Very Happy

Well, I was going to view a 993 C4S. It’s a lovely car, and I’m sure I’d have taken the plunge if I hadn’t seen something else.

I’m not going to say what, as the deal isn’t quite over the line, but I’ll come clean early next week, when I’ve shook hands on a deal. To give you a massive clue, it redlines at 9k and doesn’t have a wing....... Question

Nice one G,
Two cars pop into mind, either or would be superb.....I look forward to the big reveal

rc944
Trainee

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2019 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tom et al are super at 911v and if i ever had to go down the dealer route they would be in top 3. they helped me no end in acting as a sounding board recently

if you do down the ppi route with them then in the interests of full independence i would use folks other than the two garages you mention as they do a lot of work/have referrals with 911v if that bothers you
Ex: 964 C4/968 CS/944 S2

Zingari
Brands Hatch
Brands Hatch

1993 Porsche 964 Anniversary

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2019 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

991.2GTS wrote:
FZP wrote:

Very Happy

Pop Corn

spongebob squarepants
Long Beach

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2019 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zingari wrote:
991.2GTS wrote:
FZP wrote:

Very Happy

Pop Corn

964/993 wanted? You just sold one! Grin
991 C2S PDK - X51 430 Powerkit, Dynamic engine mounts, Carbon GT2 folding buckets, PCCB, PDCC, PSE, Carrera S alloys, Sports design bodykit with ducktail and Alcantara steering wheel. If Carling did a 991S...
“Herman yellow, the last of the naturally aspirated”

Macca38

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2019 11:27 am    Post subject: Re: PPI - Anyone tried porscheinspections.com? Reply with quote

991.2GTS wrote:
I'm looking at a car at 911virgin.com and suggested RPM Technik for the PPI, but they said they wouldn't want them to do it as they are a competitor.

They have suggested Porsche Torque, Jaz Porsche or porscheinspections.com

Does anyone have any experience with any of those, or any feedback.

Thanks.

Sent you a DM
Golf Mrk2 GTI

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: