Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Stereo wiring help please

Sandy-S

Can anyone tell me what the wires are for in the pic please to help me wire in Becker radio;
Brown
Red
Red / Black
Green (small wire on a spade socket)

I had found a 993 wiring guide but none of the colours stated related to my car?

Attachments

• img_0932_440.jpg
    img_0932_440.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 2,848
Red - Permanent Live
Red/Black - Ignition Switched Live
Brown - Earth
All should be easy to check

Green?? Not sure I can find on my Bentley Manual 993 Electrical Diagrams

Sandy-S said:
Can anyone tell me what the wires are for in the pic please to help me wire in Becker radio
Answers in the first post here:

http://911uk.com/viewtopic.php?t=108991

Green wire explained by Tore in the same thread:

ToreB said:
Green wire is the alarm wire. It has been connected to the original head unit frame, and was grounded when the unit was extracted. Insulate with tape/shrink tube and tuck away.

Cheers,
Tore

The green wire should be earthed to the body of the radio, and the body earthed.

Get a circuit tester from Halfords

The green wire must be insulated and tucked away. Connecting it to GND will trip the alarm. This is also what happens when the origninal radio was pulled out of the frame. The green wire was connected to a switch on the frame.
Cheers,
Tore

Brill, Thanks for responses guys v helpful.
Had this Becker since Jan having bought it on eBay but not realiising it came with no leads. It's taken me an age to source the connectors via USA and now seems the damn thing doesn't work anyway!
And I've spent so long getting this far I have no redress with seller
But at least I know how to wire up the next one!

Have you considered getting it repaired? Can recommend CARS in Bolton area. They fixed a mid 90s Becker for me recently.

Hi Harry,

Once I've confirmed its faulty I will try and get repaired so thanks for the lead.

I have also found a Putnoe Radio Services (apparently uk repairer for Becker) but previously left them a phone message and they never got back to me

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stulees65
Back