Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Targa rear roof drains

babsyttt

Apologies for yet another targa roof drain thread - I've done some digging, and I can't quite find the answer to this question.

A while back I cleared the middle drains and added some hard plastic pipe. Unfortunately this didn't resolve the problem.

I've since stripped the rear panels and sponge to find that some water has pooled in the rear quarters - roughly behind the lights. In this area there's some clear plastic tube which I believe is the rear drain (see 1 on diagram) - This drain just seems to hang above the area where water is collecting (on the passenger side at least, the drivers side appears to route across the the passenger side).

Is this area a collection tray on the targa, or should the pipe route somewhere? I'm wondering if I have a blocked drain hole or incomplete pipe?

Attachments

• coupe_water_drainage_plan_149_171.jpg
    coupe_water_drainage_plan_149_171.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 1,360
Your image is for a sunroof car .. not a Targa ..

Image below of the drains .

One is for the main gutter drains and the other for water that collects outside of the rear hatch seal ...

These do block , not easy access to get at them .. i remove the rear panel with the tools in it , i remove the carpet under this , i remove the x2 ally brackets.

Panel , on top , which means the rubber stops and the x4 phillips screws to remove and undo the ally brackets .

Pull off the 2 pipes ... air line and blow through them each side .

Then you need a water test .. hose on the roof basically to see if they are still leaking .. the drains can be removed and resealed and il go into that if needed .

Water on the back seats is usually a split front glass sesal .

In Depth post on these here ..

http://911uk.com/viewtopic.php?t=116450

See how you get on then ask any questions you need to .. i've repaired one or two of these roofs in my time :)

Attachments

• targa_drains_1_432.jpg
    targa_drains_1_432.jpg
    226.2 KB · Views: 1,166
Brilliant, thanks you so much!

Also apologies for the late reply, I've been away driving the NC500.

I'll try and do this at the weekend.

Thanks again
C

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
briant1000
Back