Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Back to Black - windscreen Scuttle Panel

DAVIDGT996

Silverstone
Any ideas on the best product to restore the panel to its former glory.

Have slight sun fade which needs to be addressed.

Do these back to black products actually last for any length of time or is it case of taking it off and spraying it up.

I used gtechniq c4 on mine. Came up really well. It's a tiny bottle but you don't need a lot. I did it a year ago and it's still spot on. My car is garaged.

I think there's more extreme methods with a heat gun that also works. I'm not brave enough to try that! I'm sure others will be able to give more info on that option!.

Or alternatively, I can recommend Carpro Dlux... cheaper than Gtechniq, and as well as rejuvenating the black plastic can also be used on other surfaces too... wheels, callipers, exhaust tips, headlights after they've been sanded and polished... brilliant stuff and easy to use.

With any treatment make sure you give the surfaces a proper clean first, ideally with an IPA based fluid.

OK thanks - heard of the heat gun trick but I too am not to keen on trying that.

There is a spare one on ebay for £20 in Cambridge which is not far from me so might buy that one and give it a go with the products above and then swap over.

Just bought some C4 after seeing a YT vid where the detailer had some splendid results.

Yet to get involved yet though.

I have been using polytrol when restoring the 924 you just have tp be careful not to put much on in one go

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Owatrol-Polytrol-Colour-Renovator-Cleaner-0-5-L/dp/B008F7W6M0/ref=asc_df_B008F7W6M0/?tag=bingshoppinga-21&linkCode=df0&hvadid={creative}&hvpos={adposition}&hvnetw=o&hvrand={random}&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=e&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl={devicemodel}&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=&hvtargid=pla-4584413738163613&psc=1

DAVIDGT996 said:
OK thanks - heard of the heat gun trick but I too am not to keen on trying that.

Best solution by far.

Heat gun does seem to be the best way, but even though I'll pretty much try anything, I thought the risk of going wrong was too high. I went for the C4 and am really pleased with the results. Only been a few weeks though and my car is always outside, so may not last that long.

Putting owt on is just masking the problem. Heat gun remelts the plastic to leave a silky smooth un-weathered original finish.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SondeMadiu
Back