Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Side Light Out - Warning

Jam911

Albert Park
Side Light Out - Warning

I have replaced the bulb and still no go.

Do I need a code reader to reset the fault?

EDIT

I needed to change the correct bulb...

A blown bulb and no , the system won't shut it down for just that .. if it was a wiring fault then yes i would expect so .. i would check and clear the fault codes first as it's obviously not a bulb .

After that it's a wiring check to see if you have a broken wire with the earth being the most obvious .

i've not checked a wiring diagram atm but am happy to investigate further if needed .

If your taking it to a garage then i'll leave it at that .. if not i'll investigate further .

Hi deMort.
I sorted out the problem thanks.

When I came to change the bulb I brought the small bulb and when I looked with the cluster still on the car it looked like the larger halogen bulb had gone.

So I got a new one and fitted the halogen one and still got the error.

Pulled and checked fuses ( a 997 fuse diagram is hard to find and I am still looking for a good one) fuses all good.

Disconnected battery to see if that cleared the fault. It didn't.
Googled lots and thought it was the expensive front control unit.
Getting stressed at this point as I need the car for work and also MOT on Friday.

Posted the error on FB 997 Enthusiasts page and one guy said , have you actually changed the small side bulb?

So did and it worked and the error cleared.

You live and learn...

Aghh ok , excellent .

I have a poor picture of the fuses which i'll post below but you'll need to open in a new tab or find a way to zoom in .

Attachments

• fuse_952.jpg
    fuse_952.jpg
    246.7 KB · Views: 801

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tobytobytoby
Back