Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Tracker System - Porsche Connect

ibetiwin

Hi all

Loving the new car and wow is it a beast!

Annoyingly my Insurance company were insistent on a tracker system and I went for the Porsche in car connect system as it seemed the most straight forward and logical.

However the fob is almost the size of the key and has no key-ring loop so very difficult to transport. I am destined to loose 1 or both very quickly!

Has anyone else come up with a better solution for dealing with this 1st world problem!! :D :eek:

I'm not sure there is one. The absence of the key ring loop is deliberate i.e. so it can't be kept with the key.
You do get used to carrying them together and I haven't lost one yet...(i'm tempting fate now :D )

It's a shame they haven't developed a system that validates to your phone but I guess there are perceived security issues.

It is a rather poor design, great idea on phone etc... I might ask one of my maths friends if he can copy the signal from the fob and replicate it somehow in a smaller device.

Mine just about fits in my wallet, but it is blooming annoying.

have to agree, it's 2019 and this unit seems have got bigger and bigger over the years !

:dont know:

Attachments

• tracker_fob_579.jpg
    tracker_fob_579.jpg
    118.9 KB · Views: 5,479
The new one for the 992 is twice the thickness than that! 😳😤

It is really frustrating that after all this time, Porsche (Vodafone) are still using this massive bit of plastic. Why can't they make it either really thin, so it would fit in a wallet, or digital on your phone?

Problems are worse with me ...
1. Been told Porsche can only enable one tracker fob because they are still waiting on a new campaign.
2. Every other time I drive the car I get a call from Vodafone because the tracker "can't be found in the vehicle". This is usually after about 30 mins driving!
3. In addition to tracker issue I get the "Driver Card not found" about 30 mins driving.

I've tried both Driver Card and Tracker Fob in:
1. my pocket
2. the central console
3. cupholder

None of the above resolve the issue.

Was told yesterday there may be interference between the two device and try and keep them apart

:?

Dynamic_Rob said:
Problems are worse with me ...
1. Been told Porsche can only enable one tracker fob because they are still waiting on a new campaign.
2. Every other time I drive the car I get a call from Vodafone because the tracker "can't be found in the vehicle". This is usually after about 30 mins driving!
3. In addition to tracker issue I get the "Driver Card not found" about 30 mins driving.

I've tried both Driver Card and Tracker Fob in:
1. my pocket
2. the central console
3. cupholder

None of the above resolve the issue.

Was told yesterday there may be interference between the two device and try and keep them apart

:?

I have none of the observed issues, and coincidentally kept they key and the tracker transponder in those 3 locations..... no problem.
would be a bad joke is that was because the service was not really on !!

I did have some sort of profile gremlin when I stated the car with both keys and both trackers in the car at once ( my settings not memorized properly) anyway, have secured the backup key and fob in the safe and no issues since using the one set.
My car came from same OPC I assume [/quote]

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lb456
Back